Staff Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
What is Security Engineering at Airbnb?
Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers, not blockers, who make it easier for engineers to create secure features. This is a generalist role for an experienced candidate who can cover a broad range of responsibilities from tool development to architectural consulting. If our mission sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
What are some examples of application security work at Airbnb?
- Identify unaddressed areas of weakness and drive cleverly engineered, scalable solutions that improve our defense-in-depth.
- Helping engineers design more secure systems via design input and code review.
- Mentoring team members to uplevel technical and interpersonal security skills.
- Evangelize security to ensure engineering stays informed of security best practices.
- Define and refine measurements of security risk.
- Uplift security of acquired business units by creating security processes and onboarding security tools.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Significant experience on an internal application security team
- Strong understanding of web or mobile application security
- Experience as a developer, ideally with Java and Python
- Pentesting, threat modeling, and architecture review experience
- Strong communication skills across organizations
- 5+ years experience in security engineering, or a related discipline
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Much more...