Sr. Security Engineer, Investigations
Posted 1 month ago
The Security Investigations team is looking for a highly engaged and motivated Senior Security Engineer to build and improve internal tools and systems to detect malicious activities related to insider threat, data exfiltration, brand infringement, intellectual property theft and customer account takeovers. The successful candidate will partner with our security engineers in Detection & Response, Application Security and Offensive Security to build and enhance our tooling.
As a Senior Security Engineer, Investigations, you will have a strong background in building security tools, automating tasks, with experience in system & network administration and data analytics. You will also analyze and monitor internal tools, hunt for threats against company data and infrastructure, and have the ability to carry out complex investigations, when required.
- Build tools and services that improve the security of our systems with an emphasis on scalability and automation.
- Improve on existing tooling to adapt to our internal infrastructure.
- Identify and consult on the design of countermeasures to mitigate internal and external threats in our environment.
- Participate in Security Investigations on-call rotation and assist other Security teams where necessary
- Monitor detection systems and respond to alerts of malicious/anomalous activity.
- Foster relationships with critical business teams
Skills, Traits & Competencies:
- A mature, practical and rational mindset.
- 7+ years of security industry experience with dedicated 2+ years supporting a Security Investigations team in an engineering role.
- A strong engineering skill set with experience and exposure in some or all of: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Nginx, Splunk and industry standard security endpoint agents, showing a strong engineering skill set.
- Strong coding proficiency in Python and/or Go.
- Familiarity with forensics tooling and platforms such as SIFT, BlackBag, Sleuthkit etc.
- Strong technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills.