IBM Hybrid Cloud Security & Compliance PostDoc FTH 24 Months Melbourne
Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Posted 1 month ago
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Hybrid Cloud Security and Compliance PostDoc FTH 24 Months Melbourne
- Work in 1 of IBM’s 12 Global Research Labs
- Position based Melbourne
- 24months fixed term hire employment basis
From landing the first astronauts on the moon to building the first cognitive system to win Jeopardy! IBM with its diverse culture, continues to be the innovative spark of the computing revolutions that shape our world. At the core of IBM’s innovation are its 12 global research labs. IBM Research Australia is a young, proud and diverse community working on industry solutions, conceiving, designing and building next generation enterprise systems.
The Hybrid Cloud team is looking for an aspiring individual to work on novel solutions to meet the security challenges for enterprises moving to public clouds. The hybrid cloud team is working on developing new open source technology for demonstrating cloud infrastructure is secure and adheres to government standards. Ideal candidates will have an interest in cybersecurity and an interest in the latest cloud technologies.
What will I be doing?
- Researching and developing new automated methodologies to enforce cyber-security controls within cloud environments. This will encapsulate the full lifecycle (design to measurement/audit) of cyber-security controls
- Automating generation of security documentation from code artefacts.
- Working together with Software Engineers and Research Staff Members to transition research into practical systems
- Contributing to open-source software communities where appropriate to support the strategic direction of the IBM security and compliance platforms
What skills will I need?
- A desire and/or demonstrated experience in translating research outcomes into running systems.
- Postgraduate research in cyber security and/or distributed systems.
- Experience developing with Golang and/or python.
- Experience using cloud platforms for development (AWS / Azure / IBM Cloud)
- Practical experience in an IT Security environment is not mandatory, however, is highly desirable.
What experience do I need?
- A Doctorate degree in computer science or related field completed in the last two years.
- Proven experience in either cybersecurity or distributed systems
- Published papers in high quality peer-reviewed journals/conferences
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
About Business Unit
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate researcher to join our Cognitive Analytics team. Our mission is to develop Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to understand and gain insights from massive volumes of textual data in various industrial domains, such as financial services, government, defence, etc. Such capabilities allow our users and clients to be more efficient in their business and maybe even discover intelligence that wasn’t previous known. In order to make this a reality, we develop AI and advanced machine learning methodologies in collaboration with users. We are seeking a proactive, passionate researcher to work in our team and contribute to our AI applications for industrial text analytics. The candidate will proactively contribute across disciplines and geographies to work towards developing the transformational ideas that will have impact on the world.
Your Life @ IBM
IBM Research Scientist -AI-NLP Melbourne
- Melbourne Based
- Offered on a permanent regular employment basis or on a fixed term 24 months basis
- Compensation package from $89,250 (full-time equivalent inclusive of superannuation) and will be determined based on successful candidates’ relevant skills and experience.
You will work with a team of established researchers and software engineers to generate new ideas and will be expected to implement and communicate these ideas through publications and conferences, contributions to IBM’s patent portfolio, as well as software demonstrations and assets and Proof of Concepts (PoC). Research Staff Members have the opportunities to network not only with local colleagues but also have access to a global network of eminent and passionate researchers and engineers only too willing to share their knowledge. You will also have the opportunity to explore all IBM has to offer throughout the whole research-development-delivery pipeline.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AI Analytics Artificial intelligence AWS Azure Industrial Machine Learning Open Source Python