Offensive Security Engineer
VerSprite is an Inc. 5000 2020 fastest growing company and industry leader in PASTA threat modeling. Founded in 2007, VerSprite is a private cybersecurity consulting firm helping organizations tighten their risk-gaps with evolved security solutions and advanced threat intel tools.
VerSprite has a 97% client retention rate providing organizations with services like penetration tests, evolved red teaming engagements, vCISO, vSOC and VerSprite’s advanced security tools Cloud Security Assessment Platform and Cyber Threat Intelligence Portal.
The scope of this role includes performing end to end full stack engagements - from scoping, to threat modeling, information gathering, discovery, vulnerability exploitation, lateral movement, post-exploitation, and executive reporting. Your engagements will include internal, external, web, mobile, and other environments.
As a Security Consultant, employee is expected to master multiple facets of what VerSprite offers in terms of consulting services to its clients. For a member of the Bravo team, this is largely tied to areas of AppSec engagements with a minimum from the OffSec type. In addition, Knowledge of regulatory, legal, and business implications per industry may be warranted from time to time in support of other services that the company engages in and that the employee should help perform.
Employee’s primary focus will be to deliver expertise to clients around application security and offensive work, for which employee is required to have a solid profile around the following Technical Skills:
- Network Pentest
- External (Recon, Network Scans, Vuln Scans, Validation/Exploitation)
- Internal (Post Exploitation [Pivoting/Priv Esc, Exfiltration, Persistance], AD and Wifi)
- Mobile App Pentest
- Web App/API/Service Pentest
As a Security Consultant, employee is also expected to master several other aspects in support of project coordination and execution. Thus, employee is also required to have 3+ years of experience around the following Soft Skill areas:
- Communications with clients
- Report Writing
- Capacity of documenting the testing process and its results
- Ability to explain complex technical attacks/ideas
- Time Management and Project Coordination
Employee will be responsible to maintain high performance in following additional areas:
- Quality – Degree to which finished assignments are done accurately, completely and in accordance with our OffSec standards and methodologies.
- Commitment & Responsibility – Taking ownership of tasks; Reliability in completing assignments within established deadlines and schedules.
- Collaboration and Communication – Expressing and sharing information and thoughts clearly, concisely, and accurately in individual and/or group situations; Being open and willing to support or assist a peer or the team.
- Continuous Self-Improvement – Researching, learning, and training around latest Offensive TTPs, security trends and technologies, fostering creativity and development of a criminal-mindset needed for better attack patterns and PoCs.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be recognized for the value you bring to our business, along with:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you; and
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
If this seems intriguing to you, please apply! We will reach out promptly to discuss your fit and additional job details.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs