Team Lead, Community Defense
The Community Defense team improves the quality of DoorDash operations through the adjudication of background checks, inbound appeals and support inquiries, and screening-related functions. On-demand food delivery has many advantages; however, there are extremely challenging logistics to ensure DoorDash is delivering the best service to the Customers, Dashers, and Merchants.
Community Defense presents a united front to protect the experience of Customers, Merchants, and Dashers while solving these logistical challenges. This team’s work helps in maintaining and building internal and external relationships while protecting DoorDash’s brand. We work with our stakeholders to solve and mitigate escalations, monitor day-to-day quality, improve response times, and drive tool usage and efficiencies. This position is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is hyper-focused on improving the quality of DoorDash’s operations.About the role…
As a Team Lead on our Community Defense Team, you will directly manage frontline agents responsible for providing the highest quality care to our Dashers at the forefront of our business. This role appeals to you because you're a leader, operator, and problem solver. You’ll be responsible for managing the day to day operations with an expanding company while maintaining and improving on bold quality and productivity metrics for your team. You’ll also become an expert on our team’s workflows while acting as a main point of escalation and working to unlock process efficiencies and share best practices.
You will report into a Supervisor of Community Defense in our Trust and Safety Organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead a team of motivated individuals who are focused on customer success in order to deliver on operational KPIs
- Support your team by being present and approachable, answering questions, hosting weekly 1-on-1 and team meetings, and providing real-time feedback
- Establish and manage your team to individual and team goals and objectives and communicate performance to management and other stakeholders
- Coordinate daily workflow assignments within the team and adjust resources to meet service level agreements with the business
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert by creating, distributing, and presenting performance reports in order to identify trends and highlight opportunities for improvement
- Help scale the team and department to keep up with the growth of DoorDash
- You are a leader with a strong desire and natural ability to motivate a team, set and achieve targets, and manage career growth and team performance
- You increase results, and are constantly evaluating how and whether your team’s activities are achieving the desired, measurable impact
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to better your work product
- You are comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between quality and quantity
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have a mind and talent for process improvement
- You have experience in pulling and using data to influence your decisions
- Experience with adjudications, case work and government documents
- You have knowledge of Salesforce and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)/Google Sheets (preferred)
- You have 1+ year or more of people management or team lead experience (preferred)
- You have experience in the trust and safety, compliance, and/or regulatory industries (preferred)
- You have familiarity with working with large, diverse customer support, operations, and sales organizations (preferred)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs