Security Engineer, Corporate - Security Operations
Remote - Global
GitHub Security Operations is seeking a highly talented and motivated security engineer to drive corporate security initiatives that affect the security of millions of developers around the world. The role involves designing, building, and supporting the corporate infrastructure and services that allows GitHub to deliver the best developer experience to its internal employees and the rest of the world. The ideal candidate will share a passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on corporate security architecture and operations
- Build the corporate security programs
- Provide technical leadership while working across the company on critical security initiatives
- 5+ years designing/architecting/managing secure corporate systems at scale
- A passion for corporate security related problems
- Experience working in a decentralized and geographically distributed environment
- Working knowledge of corporate security best practices and threat landscape
- Experience working in or partnering with a threat detection or incident response team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion and proven ability to drive security that is frictionless, collaborative and effective
- Experience using software version control systems/Git and GitHub
- Ability to engineer solutions using Ruby or Python
- Have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Operating systems hardening of user endpoints (OS X, Linux and Windows)
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and LDAP in a mixed environment
- SaaS security best practices (Okta, G Suite, Duo, etc)
- Endpoint vulnerability management and telemetry in a highly distributed environment
- Experience implementing Mobile Device Management solutions at scale with a focus on security (Jamf, Intune, etc)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.