Hims and Hers offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November 2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
The security team designs and builds security architecture, consult with other teams as they build and launch new products and features, proactively plans for the unexpected, and responds to incidents that occur. Our work affects the entire company and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web application security, as well as mobile apps, IT, and Telemedicine. We try to approach security from a software engineering standpoint. We believe in scaling security through automation and tooling and we ship frequently.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team to perform service and application security review, and move us along our maturity journey. In order to be scalable, each secure product quality gate must be automated and integrated into our software release pipeline. Our grand vision is a fully automated series of quality controls that constantly validate that our code is secure. In short, we’re building a robot army that constantly validates our current security status. Don’t you want to live in this beautiful world?
- Collaborate with teams to ensure security best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our service offerings.
- Conduct penetration testing, code review and breach readiness across our online and mobile infrastructure
- Proactively research new attack vectors that may affect Hims & Hers
- Research and implement automated code security quality gates
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners both internally and externally
Experience & Skills:
- Threat modeling, code review, penetration testing against cloud environments and/or mobile (IOS/Android)
- Conduct code review against one or many of the following languages
- Swift / Objective C
- Development skills to automate code security assessments
- Computer networking concepts and protocols, application and network security methodologies
- Network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth)
- Present findings, recommendations and results to leadership
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.