Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response
New York, New York, United States
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response to join our Security team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Taking care of our members includes securing their data. The mission of the Security team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, and make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
As a Senior Security Engineer, Incident Response, you will take the lead in responding to incidents at Oscar. You will work with other Security team members and partner cross-functionally with Engineering, IT, and SRE to ensure we have the data and tools needed to conduct successful incident responses.
You will report into the Director of Detection and Response.
- Lead the initiative to improve upon the Security Operations Center by identifying, installing, and configuring commercial and open source software to achieve visibility and identify threats across the Oscar landscape
- Configure and maintain the security stack (endpoint protection, log management tools, and other security technologies)
- Take immediate mitigation action when alerts are identified through the CSIR process
- Support the overall improvement of the security process and documentation
- Assess and prioritize Oscar’s security risks related to incident response.
- Have 8+ years of career experience related to information security and incident response.
- Knowledge of incident response in the context of cloud environments.
- Experience working in or with Security Operations Centers.
- In-depth technical understanding that enables you to assess security risks in a technology-heavy company.
- Can fluently communicate security risks to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build policies and standards that minimize Oscar’s security risks.
- Prior work experience in a technology-driven company.
- Prior work experience in or understanding of security challenges specific to the healthcare or health insurance industries.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.