Senior Officer - Director of Enterprise IT Infrastructure
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) supports all aspects of information technology for the SEC and employees. It has overall management responsibility for the SEC's IT program including application development, infrastructure operations and engineering, user support, IT program management, capital planning, security, and enterprise architecture.
As the SEC's Director of Enterprise IT Infrastructure, you will drive the adoption and operations of modern mainstream capabilities and emerging technologies that enable the Commission to meet our mission today and realize our strategic objectives tomorrow.
Typical duties include:
- Developing diverse teams to build, maintaining and operating IT infrastructure capabilities (e.g. networks, enterprise monitoring, identity and access management, service desk, endpoints, operating systems, data centers) that leverage modern mainstream and emerging technologies. Improving engineering and systems integration processes in a complex and rapidly changing technology environment;
- Identifying and implementing best practices for optimizing the SEC's 24x7x365 IT infrastructure and operations service quality, resiliency, and performance. Providing leadership to ensure strong service management processes and disciplines are effectively leveraged and continuously enhanced;
- Overseeing the successful execution of major infrastructure programs, to include the Commission's implementation of a Zero Trust Architecture and the IT infrastructure for the Commission's new headquarters facility in 2026. Ensuring programs and projects are delivered according to plans and with strong customer satisfaction; and
- Driving standardized infrastructure architecture as we migrate to Cloud and Data Centers in close collaboration with Commission Stakeholders that enable Agile and DEVSECOPS methods.
**You must be a US Citizen.**
**This is a Term Appointment - Not-To-Exceed 4 years, with the option to extend an additional 4 years.**
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Applicant must possess IT related experience demonstrating the four competencies:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement:
SO-01: Applicant must possess at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-14 level:
(1)Managing the technical operations of an information technology organization including supervising subordinate managers;
(2)Developing and refining IT and operational policies, processes and measurements to assess and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT operations; AND
(3)Developing and implementing innovative strategies and plans for improving business processes.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
This position is being advertised through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Direct-Hire Authority (PMA and Executive Order 13833) and is open to All U.S. Citizens. Under this authority, competitive rating, ranking and veterans' preference procedures do not apply.
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs