Information Security Administrator
Information Security Administrator
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for enterprise security of the Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board’s (PVNC Catholic) Information Technology. Provide leadership in project driven management, project plan development and implementation of security controls across the enterprise. Develops and implements policies, procedures and programs related to the management of the Board’s IT security and controls. Provides consultative services to all departments investigating the security of technology. Institutes business cases, business process analysis, project schedules, training, support and ongoing maintenance for these initiatives.
- Assist the Manager of IT in assessing and determining the technology to be used in the Board by evaluating proposals submitted by vendors, working to maximize technological impacts while promoting efficiencies and minimizing costs. Research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting and application upgrade recommendations.
- Ensure that application testing and control requirements are met by IT Services staff engaged in systems integration and applications development and will work closely with IT team members to adhere to secure standards throughout the enterprise. Ensure that Board data is available and ensure proper security controls through proactive monitoring, alerting and log review.
- Supervises staff within the Operations and Security function in IT Services, providing guidance and direction, and providing access to training and development as needed to build staff competencies. Ensures performance objectives are clearly communicated and understood, and provides ongoing feedback and recognition.
- Provides consultative services and direction to all board departments investigating the application of new technologies. Prepares reports for consultants, vendors, business cases, budget projections, project schedules and implementation schedules. Provides project management, staff training, support, and ongoing maintenance for these initiatives.
- Oversees all IT audits, IT risk assessments and regulatory compliance. Reports on assessment findings and makes recommendations for corrective action, including information presentations to the Audit Committee and Board as required. Facilitates and monitors performance of risk remediation tasks, changes related to risk mitigation & reports on findings. Identifies opportunities to reduce risk and documents remediation options regarding acceptance or mitigation of risk scenarios.
- Support the Manager of IT with digital evidence collection, Chain of Custody, analysis, data recovery and disposal as related to IT investigations.
- Develops and maintains critical business continuity and disaster recovery documentation and plans, including but not limited to incident playbooks, disaster response plan and IT related components of the Board’s Business Continuity Plan. Acts as a key member of the Board’s Cyber Security Response Team.
- Works with the Manager of IT to promote awareness among staff of information security by hosting events, writing communication pieces, preparing media releases, responding to calls from other school boards and associations. Collaborates on committees with other Boards, the Ministry, vendors, or the community, to ensure that the Board remains technologically informed, current and secure. • Assumes other responsibilities, as assigned.
This position has direct supervisory responsibility for the following position(s): Software Support Specialist (Operations & Security)
Internal contacts include: Senior Administration, Trustees, Department Managers / Supervisors, IT Services staff, Committees, all Board staff. External contacts include: Suppliers, vendors, government officials, Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO), Educational Computing Network of Ontario (ECNO).
The following are minimum requirements of this job. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technology discipline. A College Diploma in Technology may be considered with additional experience.
- Four to six years of related experience.
- Certification as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- In depth technical knowledge and functional understanding of principles and concepts relating to IT security, technical support, applications support, project management, and in particular, securing systems and applications in use in an educational environment.
EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The job is mostly performed in an office environment with little exposure to disagreeable working conditions or risk to health. There is some physical effort required in delivering training and conducting workshops, lifting, moving and carrying equipment, working in wiring closets, and traveling to other locations. Work outside of regular hours is occasionally required for meetings and system maintenance and upgrades. Mental effort is required in ensuring availability of critical systems and providing an effective response to system failures and/or attacks. Mental effort is also required in coordinating numerous projects and initiatives being implemented across the system, monitoring activities across the system to ensure appropriate integration, responding to competing requirements while balancing limited resources.
PVNCCDSB is committed to achieving excellence in Catholic education. We leverage our inclusive organizational culture to further build upon our dynamic and diverse workforce, reflective of the communities we serve. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), PVNCCDSB will work collaboratively and respectfully with you in all stages of the recruitment process and throughout your employment. For further information about what accommodation and accessibility look like at PVNCCDSB please refer to our website. If you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Officer at 705-748-4861 ext. 1212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the personal provided is collected in the Education Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs