San Diego, California, United States
Sigma Defense Systems is a leading technology company serving the Department of Defense (DoD), providing tactical communications systems and services for digital modernization since 2006. Through our acquisitions of SOLUTE in January 2022 and Sub U Systems in May 2022, we have expanded our software and communications hardware solutions to better support JADC2, C5ISR, SATCOM, and DEVSECOPS for customers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Space Force. Through a combination of hardware, software, and industry expertise, we provide a complete portfolio of solutions and services that accelerates information collection and sharing for faster decision making and better mission outcomes.
We are a company of innovative professionals thriving in a highly motivating work environment that fosters creativity and independent thinking. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to support our service men and women, now is a great time to join Sigma Defense!
We are seeking a mission-focused Cybersecurity Engineer to support and contribute to our customer's success. The individual in this position must be a motivated team player that strives for professional and technical excellence in cybersecurity.
- Support achieving Continuous Authority to Operate (cATO) at the customer on-site and remote development environments.
- Support obtaining Authority to Operate (ATO) for IL 6 (IL6/SECRET CLASSIFIED) physical development spaces.
- Analyze the security of pipelines: applications, services release, and deployment.
- Discover and address security issues, build security automation, and quickly react to new threats.
- Support the development of a robust security strategy that emphasizes the ability to perform design reviews, code reviews, and security-related tasks that mitigate risks.
- Research and keep ahead of Kubernetes cybersecurity threats and best practices to harden and secure Kubernetes clusters at scale.
- Utilize new and continuously hardened containers from the DoD Iron Bank.
- Support the development of various backend/automated processes for the automation of the container accreditation process. • Coordinate with application developers to enable speed and flexibility while maintaining compliance with the program cATO.
- Perform cyber penetration analysis (pen-testing and red/blue teaming).
- Maintain and support the program DevSecOps stack across multiple security classifications.
- Enhance the cybersecurity and the code security process of the program PaaS across all classified and unclassified environments.
- Create accreditation documentation following DoD requirements such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and A&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Highly Competitive Salary
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Other jobs like this
A80ISSE2 - Mid-Level Information System Security Engineer - ClearedAuditing C CISM CISSP Incident response Monitoring Network security +3
401(k) matching Health care Insurance
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Security Engineering Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs