Senior Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking talented, Senior Security Engineers to support an Agency-level enterprise cyber program. To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in security engineering and systems administration. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical security infrastructure for a 24x7x365 environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with managing network security technologies including intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, network access control systems.
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Serves as subject matter expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as information security, cloud security, systems engineering, big data, or the various sciences related to enterprise technology.
- Provides technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems
- analysis, design, integration, security, implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Participates as needed in all phases of system and software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, security, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases.
- Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced software, systems and security principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions.
- Apply best practices and processes for capturing, refining, and assisting in prioritization of security requirements based on risk, engineering principles, and mission requirements.
- Provide support to understand and develop system requirements and technical solutions for cybersecurity engineering based on system architectures.
- Support the maturation of CFTC's enterprise architecture to align with the Commission's information security and risks to the organizational operations, organizational assets, and individuals.
- Develop alternatives of system designs and/or architectures which consider trade-offs between security requirements, functional/operational requirements and cost
- Review and describe the impact of new or changing federal policies.
- Review and describe the impact of new or revised legislation and regulations (OMB, DHS, FISMA, etc.).
- Identify and define the requirements of the overall security of the network.
- Plan, engineer, and monitor overall security implementation of network systems.
- Support in configuring and implementing network security tools.
- Test and provide solutions for system weaknesses, threats, security issues.
- Research and identify latest suitable technologies and processes that will improve the overall security of the system.
- Regularly audit the existing network configuration and provide improvement recommendations.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.