Cybersecurity Field Service Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground,Maryland,United States
Job Title: Cybersecurity Field Service Engineer (FSE)
Primary Location: USA – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI polygraph required
Job Type: Regular
Travel: This position may require up to 50% or more travel
An individual must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- Possess a security clearance
- Meet education/experience requirements
- Proof of vaccination status or negative COVID test results required for access to certain facilities may be required
- Possess DoD 8570 compliant security certifications to meet IAT requirements (Security+, etc.)
Join OMNI Technologies’ Information System Security Engineering team to help architect and engineer systems that utilize existing and emerging technologies. In this role, you will perform the tasks in coordination with government personnel to provide the cybersecurity support services and solutions necessary to build, integrate, enhance, improve, modernize, implement, test, analyze, assess, sustain, and maintain the cybersecurity posture and capabilities.
General Required Skills:
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with DoD and Army Cybersecurity Polices and Regulations and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process, including the provisions of ICD 503, the planning and execution of Security Test and Evaluation (STE), and Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (CTE) events
- Advanced experience with SELinux, Linux, and Windows server systems
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and network protocols, like TCP/IP, SSH, SFTP, HTTP, and SCP
- Experience with Cross Domain Systems
- Experience with DIACAP, RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and NIST Special Publications
- Experience with the DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), Security Requirements Guides (SRG), and industry best practices for various applications
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security Suite (HBSS) applications
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- Knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
Cybersecurity Field Service Engineer (FSE) Lead/Senior Key Job Functions:
The Cybersecurity FSE Lead should be able to perform ISSE Key Job Functions and the following specific functions:
- LEAD: The Field Service Engineer Lead must have a minimum of ten (10) years related cybersecurity work experience.
- LEAD: Serves as the on-site lead for the Field Service Engineer (FSE) support. Responsible for the team tasking, deliverables, and managing project artifacts.
- Performs installation, implementation, configuration, and support of Information Systems (ISs) on various networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements for the processing of multiple classification levels of data primarily applicable to government organizations (e.g., UNCLASSIFIED, SECRET, and TOP SECRET).
- Hands on experience with the installation, configuration, test, troubleshoot and support of the Information Systems (ISs) at various Government units and/or organization with approved secure baseline(s). ISs can include physical or virtual servers, workstations, Cross Domain Solutions, etc.
- Proficient in primary operating system(s) of ISs being installed (example CDSS based on Linux, individual must be proficient in Linux).
- Knowledge of CDS policies, rule sets, filters and data flow development.
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies and system authorizations.
- Troubleshoot hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Comply with organization system administration standard operating procedures.
- Conduct functional and connectivity testing to ensure continuing operability.
- Create and maintain all documentation related to activities to include but not limited to the system architecture, system installation procedures, system configuration, and configuration management steps to ensure the system installation / operation is duplicable at all locations.
- Implement and enforce local network usage policies and procedures.
- Provide onsite / over-the-shoulder (OTS) training during new system installation, as required.
- Work with the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) team and provide and maintain all required security documentation (RMF BOE) related to the ISs configuration, installation, and architecture integral to the security baseline.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain networked and standalone computing equipment.
- Provides Tier 2 support for deployed CDS technologies.
- Must be willing to travel 50% or more.
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field and 8 years of relevant experience OR BS in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Certifications: IAT III Compliant, DoD Approved Information Assurance (IA) baseline certification, DoD Approved Computing Environment/Operating System (CE/OS), if privilege accounts required. (Experience cannot be used as a substitute for DoD 8570/8140 requirements)
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – 4% Employer match of employee contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays - All employees are given six (6) paid days off and four (5) floating holidays in observance of the U.S. federal holidays
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - 100% funded ($6,500 individual/ $13,000 family)
- Employee Referral Program - Employee referral bonus is paid for eligible candidates after 90 days of employment
- Education Assistance & Continuing Education Program - Employees can use up to $5,000 annually toward continuing education, certifications, training, and conference attendance
- Community Outreach - Employees that volunteer 40 (or more) hours a year to community service or OMNI Community Outreach events receive a cash bonus
Apply to this job
Tags: C Clearance Compliance Computer Science DoD DoDD 8140 DoDD 8570 ICD 503 Linux Network security NIST Polygraph Risk management Security Clearance SSH TCP/IP Top Secret TS/SCI Vulnerabilities Windows
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs