Threat Intelligence Analyst - Geopolitical, East Asia
This Role: The Strategic and Persistent Threats (SPT) team within the Insikt (Research) Group focuses on Geopolitical Intelligence. You will support high-profile clients by conducting in-depth research and analysis to produce intelligence that covers significant, global geopolitical events.
What you'll do:
- Research, track, and author reports on disinformation and misinformation campaigns linked to nation-states, and on topics relating to international terrorism, threats to elections, military developments, etc.
- Work with multiple internal teams to develop and improve the Geopolitical Intelligence offering
- Assist in curating collected data in the Recorded Future platform
- Contribute to ongoing research projects across multiple teams to support major public and private sector clients
What you'll bring (required):
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, or Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- 2+ years experience as a threat intelligence analyst or in a similar position
- Strong understanding of geopolitical landscape within the East Asia/broader Asia-Pacific region
- Demonstrably strong intelligence writing skills, techniques, and methodologies
- Knowledge of how nation-states conduct disinformation and misinformation operations online
- Familiarity with analytic tradecraft, intelligence cycles, and open source intelligence gathering techniques
Highly Desirable Additional Skills / Experience (not required):
- Professional fluency or greater in reading Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, or other dialects), Korean
- Experience living or studying in East Asia and/or the broader Asia-Pacific region
- Experience with or knowledge of scripting languages (ex. Python)
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to reduce risk has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and over 90% of Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.