CDSS Information Systems Security Engineer
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground,Maryland,United States
Job Title: Cross Domain Solutions Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
Primary Location: USA – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI polygraph
Job Type: Regular
Travel: This position may require up to 25% or more travel
An individual must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- Possess a security clearance
- Meet education/experience requirements
- Proof of vaccination status or negative COVID test results required for access to certain facilities may be required
- Possess DoD 8570 compliant security certifications to meet IAT requirements (Security+, etc.)
Join OMNI Technologies’ Information System Security Engineering team to help architect and engineer systems that utilize existing and emerging technologies. In this role, you will perform the tasks in coordination with government personnel to provide the cybersecurity support services and solutions necessary to build, integrate, enhance, improve, modernize, implement, test, analyze, assess, sustain, and maintain the cybersecurity posture and capabilities.
General Required Skills:
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with DoD and Army Cybersecurity Polices and Regulations and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process, including the provisions of ICD 503, the planning and execution of Security Test and Evaluation (STE), and Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (CTE) events
- Advanced experience with SELinux, Linux, and Windows server systems
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and network protocols, like TCP/IP, SSH, SFTP, HTTP, and SCP
- Experience with Cross Domain Systems
- Experience with RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and NIST Special Publications
- Experience with the DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), Security Requirements Guides (SRG), and industry best practices for various applications
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security Suite (HBSS) applications
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- Knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
CDSS ISSE Key Job Functions:
The Cross Domain Solutions Suite ISSE shall be able to perform ISSE Key Job Functions and the following specific functions:
- SME implementing NCDSMO (National Cross Domain Strategy & Management Office), TSABI (Top Secret SCI and Below Interoperability) and SABI (Secret and Below Interoperability) information assurance/cybersecurity requirements to meet Raise-the-Bar.
- Experience with the design, update, and manage a Cross Domain Solution (CDS) to support multiple Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) connections and classification to support mission efforts and goals.
- Designs enterprise and systems security throughout the development lifecycle; translates technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into security designs and processes.
- SME across all aspects of CDS design to include: Data Owner Guides, rule sets, dataflows and filter development.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for cross domain policy analysis, design, and implementation support to configure and validate CDS access and transfer capabilities integrated within the PM Family of Systems (FoS).
- Demonstrated experience working hands-on in Linux based environments, troubleshooting on-site technical issues, using and configuring the CDS solutions to deliver critical customer driver requirements.
- Knowledge of GOTS and COTS CDS technologies on the NCDSMO approved products list.
- Responsible for development, configuration control, deployment and testing of CDSS Configurations (including Rules).
- Engineers and deploys capabilities to provide new functionality, improve system performance/availability, and for generating efficiencies in the maintenance of the operational environment.
- Experience designing secure web service-based technologies such as XML, XSLTs, Schema Validation, SOAP, REST, and related messaging protocols.
- Experience in collaborating with multiple technical teams to drive solutions that requirement driven including technical subject matter experts, including hardware and software designers, operations personnel, and test engineers and communicate potential security risks and mitigations
- Ability to clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Able to write and implement engineering plans within a project.
- Perform system design and archiectured work to modernize our CDS solutions as new requirements come in.
- Expertise across all aspects of CDS design to include: Data Owner Guides, rule sets, dataflows and filter development.
- Works with the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) team to maintain RMF BOE to support the Authority to Operate (ATO) as required by ICD 503, NIST 800-53, CNSSI 1254 and any additional documentation as determined by the Authorizing Official (AO) and meets all FISMA obligations.
- Supports Assessment and Authorization activities related to CDS technologies, such as Site-Based Security Assessments (SBSA).
- Provide Tier 3/4 support for deployed CDS technologies.
- Must be willing to travel, as needed, up to 25%.
Subject Matter Expert
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of relevant experience OR BS in Computer Science or related technical field and 15 years of relevant technical experience.
- Certifications: IASAE III Compliant, DoD Approved Information Assurance (IA) baseline certification, DoD Approved Computing Environment/Operating System (CE/OS), if privilege accounts required. (Experience cannot be used as a substitute for DoD 8570/8140 requirements)
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field and 7 years of relevant experience OR BS in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Certifications: IASAE II Compliant, DoD Approved Information Assurance (IA) baseline certification, DoD Approved Computing Environment/Operating System (CE/OS), if privilege accounts required. (Experience cannot be used as a substitute for DoD 8570/8140 requirements)
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – 4% Employer match of employee contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays - All employees are given six (6) paid days off and four (5) floating holidays in observance of the U.S. federal holidays
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - 100% funded ($6,500 individual/ $13,000 family)
- Employee Referral Program - Employee referral bonus is paid for eligible candidates after 90 days of employment
- Education Assistance & Continuing Education Program - Employees can use up to $5,000 annually toward continuing education, certifications, training, and conference attendance
- Community Outreach - Employees that volunteer 40 (or more) hours a year to community service or OMNI Community Outreach events receive a cash bonus
Apply to this job
Tags: C Clearance Compliance Computer Science DoD DoDD 8140 DoDD 8570 FISMA ICD 503 Linux Network security NIST Polygraph Risk management Security assessments Security Clearance SSH Strategy TCP/IP Top Secret TS/SCI Vulnerabilities Windows XML
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs