Cybersecurity Engineer - Lead
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, United States
Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground,Maryland,United States
Job Title: Cybersecurity Engineer - Lead
Primary Location: USA – Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with CI polygraph required
Job Type: Regular
Travel: This position may require up to 25% or more travel
An individual must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- U.S. Citizen
- Pass a background investigation
- Possess a security clearance
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field and 10 years of relevant experience OR BS in Computer Science or related technical field and 15 years of relevant experience.
- Proof of vaccination status or negative COVID test results required for access to certain facilities may be required
- Possess DoD 8570 compliant security certifications to meet IASAE III requirements.
Join OMNI Technologies’ Information System Security Engineering team to help architect and engineer systems that utilize existing and emerging technologies. In this role, you will perform the tasks in coordination with government personnel to provide the cybersecurity support services and solutions necessary to build, integrate, enhance, improve, modernize, implement, test, analyze, assess, sustain, and maintain the cybersecurity posture and capabilities.
General Required Skills:
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with DoD and Army Cybersecurity Polices and Regulations and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process, including the provisions of ICD 503, the planning and execution of Security Test and Evaluation (STE), and Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (CTE) events
- Advanced experience with SELinux, Linux, and Windows server systems
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and network protocols, like TCP/IP, SSH, SFTP, HTTP, and SCP
- Experience with Cross Domain Systems
- Experience with DIACAP, RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and NIST Special Publications
- Experience with the DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), Security Requirements Guides (SRG), and industry best practices for various applications
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security Suite (HBSS) applications
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles.
- Knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
Cybersecurity Engineer Lead Key Job Functions:
OMNI Technologies’ Cybersecurity Engineering team seeks an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer to provide technical expertise with engineering and supporting Accreditation & Authorization (A&A) efforts. In this role, you will:
- Serves as the on-site lead for the cybersecurity engineers. Responsible for team tasking, deliverables, and managing project artifacts.
- Strong demonstrated collaboration skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to realize a common mission-focused objective.
- Knowledge of current and new cyber/IT systems architectures, life-cycle processes, integration and interoperability, design operations and configuration, facilities, practices and methodology across the Government, private industry, and academia. Ability to advise other IT experts throughout the agency or in other agencies on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, concepts, principles, standards, methods, or practices.
- Designs enterprise and systems security throughout the development lifecycle; translates technology and environmental conditions (e.g., Federal Law, Intelligence Community (IC), DoD regulations and policies.) into security designs and processes.
- Design, develop and implement enclave security requirements in accordance with applicable Intelligence Community, DoD and Army cybersecurity and Information Assurance (IA) regulations, policies and organizational security policies) in Information Systems (ISs). Iss includes Cross Domain Solution Suites (CDSS), Tactical, Cloud, On-Prem, etc., within the program’s portfolio.
- Provides subject matter expertise and analysis to bridge the gap between high level security requirements and policies and ensures their integration into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security design or configuration.
- Provide security consultation/guidance and engineering to PM product owners, customers, system owners and developers, and maintain security process coordination within the Department’s lifecycle management and governance process
- Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements for the processing of multiple classification levels of data primarily applicable to government organizations (e.g., UNCLASSIFIED, SECRET, and TOP SECRET).
- Employ secure configuration management processes. Drafts, develops, and updates CM process and procedures.
- Ensure acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization’s cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan. Ensure acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization’s cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Develops and maintains applicable artifacts to support Iss A&A RMF requirements. Works with the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) team to maintain RMF BOE to support the Authority to Operate (ATO) and meets all FISMA obligations.
- Must be willing to travel, as needed, up to 25%.
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, and Life Insurance Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – 4% Employer match of employee contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holidays - All employees are given six (6) paid days off and four (5) floating holidays in observance of the U.S. federal holidays
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - 100% funded ($6,500 individual/ $13,000 family)
- Employee Referral Program - Employee referral bonus is paid for eligible candidates after 90 days of employment
- Education Assistance & Continuing Education Program - Employees can use up to $5,000 annually toward continuing education, certifications, training, and conference attendance
- Community Outreach - Employees that volunteer 40 (or more) hours a year to community service or OMNI Community Outreach events receive a cash bonus
Apply to this job
* Salary range is an estimate based on our salary survey at salaries.infosec-jobs.com
Tags: C Clearance Cloud Compliance Computer Science DoD DoDD 8570 FISMA Governance ICD 503 Linux Network security NIST Polygraph Risk management Security Clearance SSH TCP/IP Top Secret TS/SCI Vulnerabilities Windows
Explore more Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Network Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open SOC 2-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs