Endpoint Protections - Security Research Engineer II
ElasticWe're the creators of the Elastic (ELK) Stack -- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. Securely and reliably search, analyze, and visualize your data in the cloud or on-prem.
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
About the Team:
The Elastic Security Endpoint Protections team researches, designs, builds, and monitors security detections and preventions in Elastic’s Endpoint product. We are looking for a Security Research Engineer to help our team continue to build innovative new features that will help secure our users against the latest emerging threats. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security team, which consists of a diverse group of skilled researchers, data scientists, and engineers who possess extensive domain expertise in their respective areas. Our team is distributed across the globe and several time zones, and we go to extensive lengths to maintain a positive and inclusive environment that strongly encourages learning from one another through open and honest communication.
If you are passionate about security research and would enjoy the challenge of devising novel methods for thwarting malicious actors in an ever-evolving threat landscape, we would love to have you join our growing team!
What you will be doing
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other security researchers, data scientists, and software engineers.
- Research state of the art attacker techniques and develop innovative and effective methods for detecting them
- Enhance legacy preventions and detections over time to ensure we are staying ahead of the curve and improving efficacy
- Solve complex and challenging technical problems in creative ways
- Develop code in a collaborative environment with peers in multiple countries and timezones
- Discover false positives in our customer telemetry and determine appropriate mitigation strategies
- Present research at security conferences and publish security research blog posts to Elastic Security Labs
- Contribute to open source Elastic projects used by organizations around the world
- Solve security problems at scale with our global community of users
What you will bring along
- Strong background developing robust, production code, primarily in C / C++ and Python
- Proven experience analyzing, studying, and understanding attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), as well as developing new methods and approaches for detecting advanced security threats.
- Collaborative mentality with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
- Motivation to succeed in a distributed, fast-paced, and autonomous work environment
- Passion for protecting the world’s data from attack!
- Low level C/C++ development, including kernel experience and familiarity with common code injection/process hooking techniques
- Solid understanding of Windows internals and Windows development experience
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Vulnerability research and exploitation
- Penetration testing
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Security Engineering Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs