Device Security Lead
Berlin ; Erlangen ; New York ; San Francisco
About the Company:
Currently valued at $1B and backed by leading investors like Andreessen Horowitz and Coinbase Ventures, Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Orb
Worldcoin's launch requires a "Proof-of-Personhood": a way to determine someone is human (not a bot) and hasn't already claimed their free share of Worldcoin. This is why we developed the Orb.
The Orb is an advanced biometric imaging device, custom-designed for Worldcoin's launch. Orbs are deployed to a global network of operators, who use the device to onboard new Worldcoin users. During this onboarding, the Orb will generate a hash of each user's iris and submit it to Worldcoin's trustless backend (built on Ethereum). For more details on how the Orb is part of Worldcoin's privacy-preserving approach to Proof-of-Personhood, see How the Launch Works.
The Orb solves a fierce combination of engineering and UX challenges, centered around image quality, security, and ease-of-use. Each device has an advanced iris imaging system, designed to work consistently across real-world lighting conditions. An additional suite of sensors feeds into an onboard fraud detection system, enabling use in unsecured environments. These systems are combined in a sleek industrial design with a simple, minimalist user interface.
About the Team
The Orb Software team is a small group of industry experts, software generalists, and passionate hackers - collectively driven by Worldcoin’s ambitious mission. We're responsible for all software running on the Orb, plus software for manufacturing, automated testing, and fleet management. The multidisciplinary nature of the project requires us to work closely with Backend, Hardware, and AI & Biometrics teams.
Our team embraces the challenges involved in bringing the Orb to life. In this pursuit, we value first principles thinking, pragmatism over perfection, and the sanctity of deep work. We empower each other to own large projects end-to-end, and strive for excellence as a team.
About the Opportunity
In this role, you will lead our team of security experts to build a secure computing environment for the Orb. You will drive the development of new security features and deploy them to a global fleet of thousands of devices. In addition, you will oversee the security-critical stages of the Orb's manufacturing process and supply chain. Your team will also engage with external resources (e.g. auditors, red teams, bounty programs) to continuously improve the security of the Orb.
The integrity of the Orb fleet is pivotal to the success of Worldcoin’s launch: the network must trust the data reported from each device. For this reason, the Device Security Lead is one of the most impactful roles in the project.
- 10+ years experience designing and delivering security-critical systems for internet-connected embedded devices, such as: hardware oracles, robotic systems, IoT devices, or automotive systems
- Extensive experience creating, presenting, and refining technical specifications from top-level system architecture documents down to low-level implementation guides and test plans
- Experience incorporating hardware-based security techniques (hardware security modules, TEEs, secure boot, etc) into a robust hardware/software system design
- Experience with Linux and ARM TrustZone
- Sound knowledge of cryptographic primitives and public key infrastructure
- Strong critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills
- Energized by working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Bonus: experience with intrusion detection systems
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Security Engineering Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs