Network Security Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Cloud Network team is looking for a skilled Network Security Engineer to play a key role in the deployment, configuration, and management of our firewall and VPN infrastructure.
In the role of Network Security Engineer you will be primarily responsible for:
- The Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto network firewall and VPN appliances.
- Plan, schedule, and implement network maintenance's that include configuration changes, firmware upgrades, and hardware replacements.
- Respond to monitoring events and escalations to ensure the availability, security, and performance of the IBM Cloud Network.
- Work closely with IaaS Service Teams to develop and maintain security policies, firewall rules, and access controls based on requirements.
- Review and respond to vulnerability scanning reports. Perform risk analysis, prioritize remediations, and implement mitigating controls when applicable.
- Assist with the collection of evidence and artifacts during internal and external audits.
- Create diagrams and other documentation of network environments.
- Recognize and prioritize critical tasks independently.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2- 7 years hands-on experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Network, Firewall, IDS/IPS, and VPN appliances in a Cloud or large enterprise environment.
- A strong understanding of networking fundamentals, the OSI model, and TCP/IP protocols.
- Proven experience in networking troubleshooting with a focus on firewalls, IPS/IDS, and VPNs.
- Proficient with Linux/Unix and Windows based operating systems.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Highly experienced in command line operations of Palo Alto and Cisco ASA network firewall and VPN appliances.
- Knowledge of security best practice guidelines (NIST, ISO, CIS etc.)
- Experience with programming/scripting languages and tools in support of automation (Bash, Python, Golang, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc...)
- Proficient in the use of common issue tracking and documentation tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with managing git repositories and code versioning tools (Github, BitBucket, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful API’s (Palo Alto’s API, Cisco ASA API, etc.)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Audits Automation Firewall IaaS IDS IPS Linux Network security NIST Python SANS TCP/IP Unix Windows