Principal Cloud Security Engineer
New York, New York; Portland, Oregon; Chicago, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California; Remote
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Information Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust. The Gemini security team forms the backbone of trust. In fact, Gemini’s very first hires were security specialists and we continue to tackle unique challenges in the crypto space. Our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Principal Cloud Security Engineer
The Cloud Security team secures Gemini’s infrastructure through service hardening and by developing and supporting a suite of foundational tools. We provide secure-by-default infrastructure, consumable security services, and expert consultation to engineering teams for secure cloud and non-cloud architectures.
The Cloud Security team has a broad focus that extends beyond pure cloud to include all areas of infrastructure security. We are seeking a Principal Security Engineer with broad engineering experience across cloud and neighboring areas of infrastructure and platform engineering, such as: PKI, core cryptography, identity management, network security, SRE, etc. This person will define technical direction, unblock and mentor teammates, and tackle Gemini’s most significant infrastructure security challenges.
- Design, deploy, and maintain services/platforms for security and engineering teams
- Build and improve security controls and capabilities at all layers of infrastructure
- Partner with engineering teams on security architecture and implementation decisions
- Collaborate with appsec, threat detection, incident response, GRC and similar security functions to identify, understand, and reduce security risk
- Set technical strategy across all areas of infrastructure security
- Significant experience with distributed systems or cloud computing. We often use AWS.
- Significant experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code. We often use Terraform.
- Significant software development experience. We often use Python.
- Experience building and owning high-availability critical systems or cloud-based services
- Experience defining, managing, and executing a portfolio of complex engineering projects.
- Expertise in computer security principles and practices
- Experience in SRE, systems engineering, or network engineering.
- Experience securing AWS and Linux environments, both native and third-party
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies and relevant security considerations. We often use Kubernetes and EKS.
- Experience designing and implementing cryptographic infrastructure such as PKI, secrets management, authentication, or secure data storage/transmission
- Experience designing and implementing systems for identity and access management
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
Other jobs like this
Senior Security Consultant - Nationwide , AWS Professional ServicesAnsible Automation AWS Bash Clearance Clearance Required Cloud +20
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Security Consultant jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Security Engineer II jobs
- Open Security Engineering Manager jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs