Network or Network-Security Engineer (pipeline)
Budapest, Budapest, HU
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for new Colleagues to join our Network and Network-Security teams that provide engineering and last level support from Budapest for multiple Customers in a highly diverse infrastructure landscape overall. The team is working from the office remotely with appliances that are located in various datacenters and locations around the world, the work is performed in officetime (Mon-Fri) in some cases with 24/7 standby OnCall support.
Responsibilities include (vary based on role):
- Communicating and cooperating within own team, other technical teams, Service Management, external vendors and providers, and directly with Customer endusers
- Monitor systems (event management), troubleshoot and fix reported issues and handle escalations (incident management), fulfill orders (request management), perform RCA (problem management), plan and execute upgrades and changes (change management, release management)
- Work with Cisco and other various vendor’s routers and switches, loadbalancers, wireless controllers (in case of network specialist role)
- Work with Cisco and Checkpoint and Fortigate and Juniper firewalls, IDS/IPS solutions, proxies, configure and implement firewall rules per service requests using TUFIN SC (in case of network-security specialist role)
- Take part in or lead projects, contribute in RFS fulfillment in parallel with BAU operation
- Competitive salary
- Health/insurance related benefits (private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
- Flexible benefit elements (SZÉP card, AYCM sports card, School Support, Local Travel Pass)
- Commuting and relocation support
- Special discounts with IBM card
- International environment
- Development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least high-intermediate command of English
- Strong network knowledge (at least equivalent to CCNA)
- Hands-on experience managing network or/and network-security devices (routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, wireless APs, etc.)
- Good problem solving skills for complex troubleshooting tasks
- Motivation to develop own professional skills continuously
- Willingness to work independently but also with the team
- Highly responsible work attitude, attention to details
- Customer oriented personality
- Clean criminal record (Erkölcsi bizonyítvány)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- fluent Hungarian spoken and written
- CCNP-level network knowledge and experience (in case of network specialist role)
- Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE-R80 or Juniper JNCIA-/JNCIS-/JNCIP-SEC certifications or equivalent knowledge (in case of network-security specialist role)
- TUFIN TCSE certification and programming skills in Linux shell scripting and MySQL and PostgreSQL and PHP and Python (in case of network-security TUFIN specialist role)
- deep hands-on experience with remote management of various network-related appliances on a senior level
- multiple years of experience in a similar IT specialist role in an ITIL based enterprise organization
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Firewall IDS IPS Linux PHP Python