Senior Software Security Engineer
Minneapolis, MN, United States, Washington, DC, United States
Join Rally Health as a Senior Software Security Engineer (often known as a Senior DevSecOps Engineer) where you will help make security invisible to engineers. As part of the Application Security Team, you will report to the Application Security Manager and will be a part of a new DevSecOps program.
You will partner with all facets of Rally Health, Optum, and United Health Group to promote the concept of safer software. You will be uniquely positioned to ensure collaboration between teams by focusing on Culture, Technique, and Tooling.
Remote work option.
- Implement creative security solutions to improve the security of application and infrastructure code
- Automate security controls in DevOps pipelines
- Periodically review software vulnerabilities and provide remediation guidance
- Improve feedback loops, shift security left in the SDLC, and improve solutions based on system observation
- Promote security in partnership with existing security advocates within the development organization through awareness proliferation activities such as mentoring, engineer training.
- Comprehensive experience designing Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery and DevOps operations for Agile projects.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering and software development
- 4+ years of hands on experience implementing or maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 4+ years of hands on experience with Public Cloud (Amazon Web Services)
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and Kubernetes Security
- Experience using programming languages such as Python, Go, or Scala
- You automate once what is manually done often
- You have expertise in understanding and controlling security feature impact on application performance and team velocity
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do! With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people and help them take charge of their health and health care. Improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to improving at every level. We’re building digital tools that support people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally, we believe in the importance of communication and collaboration to ensure every opinion is valued. Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valid. A diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Everything we do is performed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch it needs.
Resources to help you excel in our creative work atmosphere:
- Great compensation package
- Daily onsite catered lunches
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k)
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.