Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Are you interested in joining an amazing technical team supporting security engineering efforts across a variety of complex organizations? phia, LLC is seeking highly skilled Cybersecurity Engineers in support of the U.S. Coast Guard Telecommunications & Information Systems Command (TISCOM). This position is located in Alexandria, VA
- Design/develop, deploy, document, test, integrate, debug, and conduct research for security technology solutions and capabilities across software, networks, systems, and applications.
- Specific support for engineering and supporting the systems lifecycles of key endpoint security capabilities such as: HBSS (McAfee Endpoint Security or similar), Tanium, Microsoft Advance Threat Protection and (ATP)/Defender.
- Specific support for engineering and supporting the systems lifecycles of key analytic security capabilities such as: McAfee SIEM/Nitro, Splunk or similar such as ELK, ArcSight/other SIEM technologies, SOAR.
- Specific support for engineering and supporting the systems lifecycles of key ad hoc support capabilities to collect data on systems in support of defensive cyber operations such as: Microsoft SysInternals, built-in Microsoft or *Nix utilities, leveraging scripting (Python, Perl, Shell, PowerShell, etc.) to gather data from various systems and aggregate back for use by defensive cyber operations analysts.
- Specific support for engineering and supporting the systems lifecycles of key vulnerability, asset management and DHS continuous diagnostics technologies such as: ACAS (Tenable Nessus), Rapid7/Qualys, Tanium, Forescout, etc.
- Support integration of tools/data/systems within Office 365, Azure and Amazon AWS GovCloud environments.
- Support the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and systems.
- Work with hybrid environments using on premise and off premise solutions including third party providers from the government such as DISA and DHS, as well as commercial cloud providers.
- Lead or assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources.
- Assess system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities.
- Research and evaluate emerging capabilities.
- Recommend countermeasures strategies working with various defensive cyber operations stakeholders.
- Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other SOC organizations to investigate system requirements to assist in support of defensive cyber operations.
- Develop, maintain and update standard operating procedures.
- Provide routine status updates for ongoing projects, trouble tickets, incidents, and other related tasks.
- Maintain awareness of major events and trends in the cyber security landscape.
- Innovate new methods to use existing tools and data sources, and identify and obtain new data sources, to support defensive cyber operations.
- May serve as a subject matter expert for various security systems and platforms.
- 5+ years of cyber security experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, Software Engineering or a related discipline is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both expression and comprehension
- Expert-level knowledge of cybersecurity technology and issues (policies, processes, tools, etc.)
- Proficiency with (or similar):
- DoD ACAS (Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanner or similar – Rapid7, eEye, Qualys, etc.)
- DoD HBSS (McAfee Endpoint Security or similar – Symantec, CarbonBlack, FireEye HX, etc.)
- DHS CDM (Forescout, Splunk)
- Data Analytics/SIEM/SOAR (e.g. Splunk, McAfee SIEM/Nitro, ArcSight)
- Microsoft Windows Defender and Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Systems Lifecycle Experience (design, testing, implementation, migration, deployment, sustainment, operations, maintenance, etc.)
- Microsoft Office 365 (and Azure) Security Tuning and Configuration
- Support and sustainment of SOC tools or capabilities
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Clearance: Secret with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- One or more of the following Certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)SANS/GIAC GCWN, GCED, GCUX, GMON, GDSA, SEC524/540 – Cloud, GCIH, and similarSplunk Certified Enterprise Admin, Splunk Certified Enterprise Architect
- DOD 8149/8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level II
WORK SCHEDULE: Core/Day
TRAVEL: < 5%
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A or Ad Hoc
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll