Infosec - Analyst / Engineer II-1
ElasticWe're the creators of the Elastic (ELK) Stack -- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. Securely and reliably search, analyze, and visualize your data in the cloud or on-prem.
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re always on the search for outstanding people. We are looking for an Infosec Analyst to join our team in Information Security (InfoSec). The InfoSec team leads the strategy, policy, and programs for information security company-wide. Our responsibilities include risk management, implementing a comprehensive security program, driving compliance initiatives, recommending and implementing security controls, preventing and detecting security threats, and handling incident response. We do all of this in a globally distributed company, thinking differently about how we best achieve critical information security objectives.
- Are you passionate about helping an organization establish and maintain a strong security posture, building trust through excellence and directly support the overall success of the company?
- Do you thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, are data driven and have a passion for building technical solutions for security problems?
This could be your dream job, and we'd love to meet you!
What you will be doing:
- Be an integral part of the Infosec business enablement team to empower our customers and partners with information security solutions and content to improve business outcomes.
- Work optimally with our partners in IT, Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Product, and engage at reasonable technical depth with our products and information security topics.
- Provide security policy guidance to Elastic employees, collaborators, internal and external partners.
- Respond to customer security inquiries, security questionnaires, due diligence requests, third party reviews.
- Continuously innovate new methods to build transparency, speed and scalability into Infosec operations.
- Develop an understanding of the technical environment, business processes and Elastic culture.
- Be part of a technical team with high expectations on their ability to deliver quality work on a regular basis.
- Be great!
What you've done:
- Possess knowledge and understanding of all Information Security domains, ability to engage with domain experts and collaborators at reasonable technical depth.
- Demonstrable ability to think innovatively and continuously improve the status quo.
- Technical curiosity, attention to detail and an ability to embrace change.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Worked alongside fast paced engineering teams and the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Certifications like CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC, CRISC, CCSK are a plus.
- Experience with using the Elastic stack is a plus.
- Experience with scripting a plus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Officer 2 jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Infrastructure Architect jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs