Director, Product Security
Boston - will also consider remote in US
CircleCircle helps businesses and developers harness the power of digital dollar stablecoins for payments and internet commerce worldwide.
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a passionate Security Leader with an expertise in Product Security, deep understanding of different Blockchain technologies and Cloud based Product development. You’ll be part of the Security Engineering team and closely partner with the Engineering teams responsible for the development, deployment of USDC and supporting services.
What you'll work on:
- Own Circle’s Product Security strategy, implementation and operationalization.
- Actively partner with our Engineering teams on the development, deployment of USDC and supporting services.
- Assess and evaluate new Products and Features in partnership with Product Compliance, Product and Engineering teams.
- Recommend and validate Security controls and improvements across our technology stack.
- Own and build relationships with key external stakeholders such as customers, vendors, and auditors.
- Produce data-based reports on technology risk for senior management.
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Expertise with Cloud Infrastructure like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Extensive knowledge of secure best practices for Cloud based software development.
- Extensive knowledge of Security tool usage across SDLC including SAST, DAST and/or Security end to end testing.
- Enthusiasm for automation, scalable and reproducible security practices.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently .
- Proficiency in managing multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly for themselves and their team.
- Ability to influence internal and external customers to expediently resolve issues and achieve organizational objectives.
- The ability to design and operate controls that are easy to test and audit.
- Experience/familiarity with application security including standards like OWASP, tools like Burp Suite, and secure coding practices a plus.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired.
- Advanced degree in computer science, or related fields strongly preferred.
- An understanding of standards such as ISO 27001/27002 and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework desirable.
- 12+ years of experience as a security engineer or product security engineering leader with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing small to medium sized teams.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Officer 2 jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Infrastructure Architect jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs