Cyber Security Engineer
WPPWPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, clients and communities.
WPP IT provides IT services for WPP, the world’s largest communications services group. As a creative transformation company, WPP is helping its clients transform the future through extraordinary work. WPP IT is an integral part of that journey and we are proud to provide technology for some of the world’s most creative brands.
Why we're hiring:
At WPP, technology is at the heart of everything we do, and it is WPP IT’s mission to enable everyone to collaborate, create and thrive. WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to modernise ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data.
As we progress on this journey, we need to evolve how we protect our customers, employees, and shareholders for today and the future. You will play a critical role in developing and implementing a world class information security programme to protect WPP Group from cyber threats. This is an essential role, supporting WPP IT to deliver its purpose to design, build, run and transform all current and future IT services which underpin the One WPP strategy.
As the Cyber Security Engineer, your primary purpose will be to support the selection, configuration, maintenance and development of key security technologies that provide protective, detective, analytical and responsive security capabilities across WPP’s technology estate.
Reporting into the Senior Security Engineer, you will provide cyber security technical SME expertise to ensure successful delivery of information security project workstreams into the BAU Cyber Security Operations function.
What you'll be doing:
- Evaluate, select, maintain and develop key security technologies within the WPP estate to ensure that the wider Cyber Security teams team have optimised, accurate access to the required toolsets and information.
- Work in collaboration with IT, Cyber Security and Group teams (such as Risk & Compliance & CSO) to design and deliver aligned technical solutions,
- Ensure accurate, pragmatic and timely technical Cyber Security advice & guidance is provided.
- Develop and deliver Cyber Security artefacts including technical documentation, process\procedure , requirements, patterns and standards. Support and contribute to the delivery of a wider ISMS.
- Under the direction of the Senior Security Engineer, support key security technologies within the WPP estate to ensure that the Cyber Security Operations team have optimized, accurate access to the required toolsets and information.
- Work closely with Senior Security Engineers, Security Architects and technology operations teams to help ensure the correct operation, and optimal configuration of the security technologies ensuring their correct function
- Working within a team to enable appropriate levels of protection and logging from new and existing security technologies, maximizing their value to the Cyber Security Operations team.
- Develop and present appropriate KPI, KRI and other requisite reporting to the Cyber Security Systems Engineering lead and act as an SME for projects and initiatives relevant to the role.
- As part of a team, liaise closely with WPP technology teams to ensure the correct placement, maintenance and support of security technologies relevant to the role. Build professional relationships to ensure cooperation between stakeholders and Cyber Security Operations.
- Manage third party suppliers to ensure that delivery, maintenance and support of security technologies is provided effectively and within project timescales and service level agreements.
What you'll need:
- Strong hands on technical background in cyber / information security.
- Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems, security data, information, and intelligence.
- Stakeholder management.
- Able to take a pragmatic approach to Cyber Security by understanding and clearly articulating the risks.
- Experience of performing risk identification activities.
- Experience of providing Security Engineer expertise to Enterprise wide Cyber Security Change programmes.
- 2 years plus in a similar role within a large, complex and technologically diverse organisation.
- Experience of deploying, maintaining and configuring a wide range of security technologies with a large and complex environment
- Must have in depth technical knowledge of security technologies including but not limited to: SIEM solutions; DLP Solutions; Firewall Solutions; Cloud Security Centres; TCP-IP Networking ; Internet Technologies
Who you are:
You’re open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are open-minded: to new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You’re optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with confidence: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You’re extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we deliver extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, driven people – We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and deliver projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
Other jobs like this
Senior Vulnerability Management EngineerAgile Application security Exploits Monitoring Penetration testing SaaS Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Vulnerability Management EngineerAgile Application security Exploits Monitoring Penetration testing SaaS Strategy Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +3
Software Engineer (Vulnerability Management) - (Spain - Remote)Automation Go Kubernetes Microservices Open Source Postgres Redis Threat detection Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Startup environment Wellness
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs