Senior Cloud Security Engineer
MessageBirdThe world’s most innovative companies build communication solutions using MessageBird’s applications and APIs — to talk to customers over any channel, for any use use, anywhere in the world.
Transform the communications world!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
What’s my job title? Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Where in the world? You can work remotely from the Netherlands or the UK.
Working hours? For this role, you will operate within the Central European Timezone (CET)
What language(s) are required? Fluency in English
Senior Cloud Security Engineer | Remotely from the United Kingdom
As part of the Security Engineering Team, you will have a broad set of responsibilities and be able to see the impact of your work every day throughout MessageBird. As a Cloud Security Engineer, your focus will be on the cloud environments and applications that MessageBird (and its acquisitions) create and utilise, always pushing the bar for improving the security throughout the development lifecycle, deployments, and live running applications and overall cloud infrastructure. This will also include cloud-native security practices, CI/CD pipeline security enhancements, security monitoring, security assessments and developing innovative security solutions to automate and scale security at MessageBird.
As you will be part of a small team with a broad set of responsibilities you will not be limited in what aspects of security you can contribute to in a growing tech scale-up. You will have the opportunity to grow your skill sets and get involved in all aspects of security across MessageBird, including cloud security, application security, security monitoring and incident response, penetration testing and vulnerability management, data security, governance and compliance.
We are a small group of security professionals who are passionate about all things security. We’re here to help MessageBird implement and embed fit-for-purpose, scalable and modern security across our organisation. We’re like-minded individuals spread mainly across Western Europe who geek out about cloud security, automating scalable security solutions, hacking, hardware security and cryptography among many other topics. We like to leverage open source tooling and write our own where none exist. We catch up (virtually) regularly and work together to improve not only our own knowledge and experiences but also the security of MessageBird.
What You’ll Do
- Implement, maintain and operate modern cloud-native security solutions that help MessageBird scale and grow securely
- Work with a large degree of autonomy and ownership of solutions and improvements you come up with
- Hack our own products and systems and manage vulnerabilities (including sometimes fixing them yourself)
- Help other teams assess risks of the solutions they are delivering.
- Work with the platform team and help to build a trustworthy and agile platform and network.
- Work alongside our Information Security team and help them come up with technical solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in technical security roles covering modern cloud-based technologies and practices
- Hands on experience implementing security controls and improvements in one or more of the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on experience implementing security controls and improvements in cloud native technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, other container workloads, CI/CD pipelines)
- An ability to code and/or script in a major language(s)
- A focus not only on the technical security challenges that a scaling tech startup faces but also the security outcomes that we’re delivering
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We call ourselves Birds!
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 750 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless.
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get sh*t done”. Our Birds choose where they work from in the region or country we’re hiring in, so long as it’s within the job’s complementary timezone as indicated in the Job descriptions — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement:
Other jobs like this
Senior Applications Security EngineerApplication security Automation Code analysis DAST Governance Java Linux Penetration testing Product security Python +4
Career development Competitive pay Equity Health care Parental leave +3
Vulnerability Management EngineerDocker EDR Encryption Governance IDS IPS Kubernetes Linux Network security Nuclear +8
Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave Salary bonus +1
Software Engineer (Vulnerability Management) - (Spain - Remote)Automation Go Kubernetes Microservices Open Source Postgres Redis Threat detection Vulnerabilities Vulnerability management
Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Startup environment Wellness
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Officer 2 jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Infrastructure Architect jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs