Education Engineer - Cyber Security (Secret Clearance)
Elastic is growing the Federal Training Team to support our largest Department of Defense customers in the DC Metro area as well as various other locations across the U.S. and internationally. A minimum of active U.S. Federal security clearance is required and as you'll be traveling for this position to deliver consultancy engagements onsite, you can be based from anywhere in the U.S.A.
We have multiple opportunities open as we build-out the Federal specific team, working to deliver on a complex, multi-year engagement.
If you are an experienced security practitioner who has worked in roles such as security analyst, incident handler, or security engineer, have used the Elastic Stack to enable security analytics processes and operations, enjoy helping mentor and share your learned knowledge with others in an engaging manner, and love Elasticsearch and its ecosystem, then please apply and meet our team.
A successful candidate is happy working on your own initiative and does not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Do you want to see the world? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration on Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Requirements gathering, architectural design, integrating with other enterprise technologies and documenting solutions
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Technology workshops that include hands-on mentoring, whiteboarding, and solution development
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Mentoring Elastic team members on new technology and solutions
- Active U.S. Federal security clearance - Secret or higher
- 2+ Years working in a U.S. Federal/SLED environment as an engineer, analyst, or integrator with security analytics
- Hands-on experience and an understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene, and experience automating stack features
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise security analytics solutions to engineers, developers and other technical positions
- In depth knowledge in specific security disciplines such as threat hunting, forensics, and intrusion analysis
- Able to travel for at least 50%
- BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and/or Lucene
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation