Specialist Threat Manager
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Control RisksControl Risks is the specialist global risk consultancy that helps organisations succeed in a volatile world. Find out more.
Embedded within a large tech client, the STM will be responsible for implementing the company’s global preparedness strategy for specialized threat incidents, including kidnapping-for-ransom and extortion, at the regional level. The STM will share the overall team goal of embracing the concepts of continuous process improvement, innovation, and shared risk management
- Successfully deliver the company’s global Specialized Threat Program at the regional level, engaging with local site, country, and area security leaders to provide exceptional support.
- Build collaborative cross-functional partnerships and contribute to Multi-Disciplinary Teams, within Security groups, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal teams, leading training and awareness sessions to focus on incident prevention, not just incident response.
- Serve as a key liaison for partnerships with regional and local teams to maintain a safe and secure work environment.
- Develop highly-focused threat assessments with a focus on kidnapping and extortion risk mitigation in collaboration with relevant business partners. A regional specialism (i.e LATAM, EMEA, APAC) is highly desirable.
- Design and develop training products for regional teams, and deliver threat awareness briefings in support of travel risk teams and expatriate duty of care framework.
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills, clear and precise writing skills, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Support regional security and business leaders in the client's response to special threats-related incidents while maintaining confidentiality and the highest standards of customer engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with global security drivers, threat actors, and trends, in particular surrounding kidnapping-for-ransom (both criminal and militant) and extortion issues
- Extensive experience producing threat and risk assessments based on a variety of intelligence sources, both proprietary and open source. Working knowledge of ISO31000-standard security management approaches desirable
- Experience using data analytics in security assessments and threat awareness
- A proven history of building effective partnerships with internal and external, cross-functional teams, including leading training and subject matter expertise briefings
- Experience managing programs or projects in a regional or global security setting - private sector experience preferred
- Results-oriented leader that possesses strong influencing skills and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly confidential environment
- An understanding of personal security and risk mitigation techniques for operating in and travelling to higher-risk geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify security gaps and opportunities and develop appropriate mitigation recommendations and plans, from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together - in the office and with our clients - while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Security Officer 2 jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Infrastructure Architect jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs