Cybersecurity Policy Leader
Armonk, New York, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative individuals to join our Policies, Standards and Governance (CISO-PSG) Team at our location in North Castle (Armonk), NY.
CISO-PSG Team is responsible for protecting IS/IT assets in the enterprise by identifying risks or gaps and developing and deploying policies, standards and education to mitigate them. Our extended team is a highly motivated, innovative, and out-of-the-box thinkers that will be your collaborators.
IBM is seeking a Cybersecurity Policy Leader to join the CISO Policies, Standards and Governance team at the North Castle office. This position defines the technical and policy direction for all of IBM CISO. The ideal candidate will:
- possess strong technical background and cybersecurity skills across multiple domains, with an emphasis on policy, standards and frameworks
- have experience with industry standards such as NIST and ISO
- possess excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels (technical and management)
- must be a self-starter, driven, a consensus builder and team player
- have experience leading technical teams, influencing security executives, and working across functional areas such as internal audit, business controls and legal
Essential Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Policy Lead
- Develop and execute policy strategy and roadmap.
- Draft, review, and facilitate deployment of security policies, standards and guidelines for the enterprise.
- Apply risk-based methodology to the policy development and review processes
- Work with other security professionals, CISO leaders, Business Units leaders and key stakeholders across the enterprise (internal audit, business controls and legal) to enhance the company security posture through the development and adoption of implementable policies and standards.
- Build consensus and sell and execute the policies across the enterprise.
- Actively contribute to the improvement in security posture by understanding the risk landscape and by examining current setup, determine gaps, making recommendations, or appropriate updates
- Work to and is an advocate to ensure compliance for security best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, design, platform, cloud and network specific design concerns.
- Stay current with industry by conducting research or reading publications
- Escalate risks and report progress to CISO leadership team.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members on policy development and implementation best practices.
Please note that the work location is on-site at IBM’s North Castle (Armonk), NY office located at: 1 North Castle Dr., Armonk, NY 10504
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of combined, progressive experience in cybersecurity and IT
- 3+ years of experience working with industry frameworks (i.e. NIST, ISO)
- Advanced understanding of security controls implementation
- Be a SME in at least three of these domains: Authentication and Directory Services, Identity Management, Network Security, Endpoint Security, Intrusion Detection and Response, Vulnerability Management, Data Loss Prevention, Application Security
- Good understanding of Network Architecture, Federation, SSO, DLP, Cloud Security, Implementation of CASB, Privileged Account Management, Endpoint Security, Asset Management / Security, Protection of Business-Critical Systems, VPN, Wi-Fi Security, HTTPS/TLS, Key Management, PKI, Cryptography, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to compile and present to a technical and management audience
- Planning skills
- Technical Writing skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure or platform-as-a-service
- At least one current certification related to Cybersecurity:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture CEH CISM CISSP Cryptography Finance Network security NIST PKI Strategy TLS Vulnerability management