Sr. Incident Response Analyst
Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is currently seeking a Sr. Incident Response Analyst to work with all members of corporate security to build out and run an enterprise SOC. You will review detections, hunt for malicious activity within our networks, and lead the development of new detection capabilities. You live for the hunt, tracking down adversaries through a veritable forest of data. When an incident is identified, you command the response activities, coordinating the toolset and capabilities from the SOC with the subject-matter experts running Pure’s business technologies.
- Cyber security incident investigation and response.
- Monitor, analyze, and correlate activity, evaluate security incidents, perform research and provide in-depth incident analysis.
- Improve and automate internal capabilities for identifying, investigating, and responding to security events.
- Execute the cyber security detection development life cycle, which includes development and execution of hunt missions, detection logic, supporting processes, and procedures for triage and validation.
- Mentor other staff on event triage and incident response procedures.
- Developing advanced detection capabilities and automating the triage and response to the alerts they generate.
- Risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles.
- Deep knowledge of SIEM technologies; direct experience with Splunk is preferred.
- Experience with SOC technologies such as IDS/IPS, UTM firewalls, EDR, anti-virus, network-based threat detection, and netflow.
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE......
- 7+ years work experience in Information Technology.
- 4+ years working in an incident response function.
- Experience researching, analyzing, and resolving complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Splunk Certifications in any of the following: Certified Admin, Certified Architect, Certified Consultant a plus.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.