Senior Security Engineer (m/f/x)
At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
HelloFresh’s Security Team is on a mission. Our goal is to maintain the brand as a trusted name, and to ruthlessly protect our customers' data. We’re searching for a new teammate to join us on this journey - someone with a passion for security who’s hungry for new challenges. Security Engineers work in a variety of ways to constantly iterate and improve HelloFresh’s security posture. You will be the first port of call for responding to any of HelloFresh’s security related questions and concerns. You will also develop and deliver tools and processes to enable colleagues to achieve their goals and objectives.
As a Security Engineer you will help HelloFresh:
- Enhance the security posture of infrastructure and services and harden this against abuse and nefarious activity
- Develop or implement tooling that detects and mitigates threats
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Train and educate your peers on the latest best practices
- Develop tooling and processes to help us scale further and faster
Who we’re looking for
- Enthusiasm and passion for security and staying abreast of new attacks and adversarial TTPs
- Have experience working with distributed development environments based on Git
- Experience in designing and implementing controls within an Azure/AWS environment
- Track record for evaluating risks and practices against the constant fight to ensure security and privacy
- You have a skeptical, data driven mindset
- Strong knowledge of agile methodologies and modern collaboration tools like Jira, Slack, etc
Great to have but not required
- Proficiency in one modern scripting language like Python or Go
- Experience with log analysis stacks like Elastic Search or Splunk
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.