Security Engineer, Operations - APAC
Niantic’s Security Team seeks an experienced security engineer to improve and maintain Niantic’s corporate and production security stance for our globally distributed sites and workforce. You will help to secure our work and product environment, review and audit our services, and collaborate with our product teams on best practices to keep our users safe.
- Define, document, implement and maintain mechanisms and controls for the corporate and production security environment, including routing, firewalls, remote access, corporate server infrastructure, etc.
- Harden and reduce the attack surface of employee and production endpoints.
- Improve logging and monitoring infrastructure of the corporate environment (in collaboration with threat monitoring / IR).
- Work on user and endpoint authentication and authorization services.
- Consult with and audit the environments of acquisitions and trusted partners.
- Consult with a wide variety of internal teams on the use of third party services, and provide general security-centric support.
- Help implement and support core security systems.
- Participate in security education of our employees.
- Consult on matters of physical security policy and practice, especially as it relates to the management of these systems.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure (please specify cloud provider in your resume).
- You have in-depth experience in remotely and locally administering multiples of MacOS, Windows, Linux.
- You can demonstrate strong scripting / programming skills.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
- Experience and flexibility to work with APAC time zones.
- Plus, if you have written and speaking proficiency in either Japanese, Mandarin, or Korean (please specify).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.