Cloud Security Engineer
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
At Tempus, biological samples are processed in our in-house lab and turned into valuable genomic data. This data flows from on-site to an extensive cloud-based infrastructure and set of workflows that produce impactful insights. SaaS products are developed in-house by cross functional teams to share those insights with our clients.
Tempus processes and stores an immense amount of data that can only be performed in the cloud. Our cloud security team is mandated to identify security risks, gaps, misconfigurations, and architectural patterns to secure this data in a continuous and comprehensive way. The cloud security team works in tandem with the Information Security, DevOps, and Engineering teams to provide advice, technical guidance and support, as well as architectural input. You would bring insight into bringing security to-the-left through automation, critical thinking, and guidance.
As a Cloud Security Engineer you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by helping ensure we provide secure and private precision medicine methodologies for our clients and their patients
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have practical, production experience deploying infrastructure in GCP.
- You’re ready in improving your security practice to defend against any number of would-be attackers
- You enjoy learning new things and automating manual tasks
- You’re a team player and enjoy collaborating with others working on various IT, cloud, data, and engineering projects.
- You have worked in a production GCP environment
- You’re capable of scripting in Python or Golang
- Worked in agile software development and CI/CD
- Practical knowledge of Linux, networking concepts, and security related knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with multiple Cloud IaaS Platforms like AWS, Azure, or Digital Ocean
- Scripting/Development experience in automation and tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Packer, etc
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as S3, GuardDuty,
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector and securing infrastructure to standards or compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
- Writing automation to detect security vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and gaps
- Monitoring the cloud environment and collaborating with other teams to fix security issues
- Continuously learn new technologies and practices to keep up with the business and threats
- Providing feedback to better inform others of risk, challenge dogmas
- Mentoring colleagues on security, risk, and compliance
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for software engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.