Join us as Ceros embarks on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity. Ceros is evolving into the essential design platform for professional creatives the world over. Our suite of cloud-based tools empower professional creators to push the boundaries of creativity, while our collaboration tools make it easy to get everyone involved in the process.
Today, our products power some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio — from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media — has been viewed more than half a billion times. In the meantime, more than 3 million comments have been added to digital content using Markup, our new visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means having an impact at scale. Our products and services are leveraged by top tier brands such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull or Pinterest and are loved by more than 500,000 users. And we are building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future.
We are backed up and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote first forever with a 4½ day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
The DevOps team also supports Markup (https://markup.io), which is built in React and Typescript on the frontend and Typescript on the backend. Its infrastructure uses Terraform and Kubernetes on AWS.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a cross-functional group of the most
talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a
proven ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user
experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check
your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs
seriously but ourselves not so much.
The DevOps team is the primary caretaker of the infrastructure, responsible for owning the infrastructure roadmap and pushing it forward. We’re constantly looking to improve the infrastructure to make it more stable, scalable, available, secure, more easily deployed, and easier to work with. We follow DevOps principles, which means we view ourselves as the deep knowledge and support for all the developers when they need to write infrastructure stories, helping to plan and review the infrastructure components of their stories.
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you’ll sit on one of our two DevOps teams. Your primary objective will be to build out and improve the necessary security controls for our systems, while adhering to DevOps principles and best practices. You’ll be called upon to aid in any investigative efforts related to potential or confirmed security breaches. You’ll act as a technical resource for the security committee and meet with them regularly to discuss the progress on security initiatives. Our ideal candidate will be a well-seasoned DevOps engineer with plenty of experience and a strong desire in securing application infrastructure.
- Helping to identify, integrate, automate, monitor and improve security controls
- Assessment of current and future systems to ensure they adhere to security standards
- Investigation of potential security incidents to determine validity, impact and remediation
- Providing technical evidence from our systems for auditing purposes (SOC 2 & ISO 27001)
- Providing assistance with the completion of customer security and technical due diligence questionnaires
- Participation in weekly security committee meetings to stay knowledgeable about the state of security across all of Ceros
- Evaluating, testing, and building new infrastructure tools and technology
- Writing detailed planning documents on stories so your teammates can assess the proposed approaches to a story, offer suggestions of approaches missed, and we can all agree on where to go from there
- Writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- Carrying out and being on the receiving end of intense code review sessions from your peers who hold your work (and their own) to the highest of standards
- Helping the feature development teams write infrastructure code, and reviewing said code
- Writing clear documentation around infrastructure code and development tooling so that it’s easy to understand, use, and modify
- Working closely with the rest of the team to deploy new releases and data migrations without hiccups
- Performing blameless post-mortems whenever there’s an unplanned outage.
- Supporting the development infrastructure so that feature teams and QA can collaborate on shared environments
- And finally, ensuring the availability of the Ceros platform
Practical stuff we anticipate you having:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, infrastructure orchestration, containerization, linux administration... you know, DevOps.
- In particular, experience with Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Experience implementing and automating application and network security controls including secure network configuration, server hardening and patching, static/dynamic analysis and vulnerability scanning, and threat monitoring
- An eagerness to write well documented, clear code. You understand that infrastructure code is still code and the principles of documentation and organization that apply to every other kind of code, still apply here.
- The wisdom of experience. You understand that principles and design patterns are important guidelines, but not hard and fast rules. You know when to apply a pattern and when not to, when to hold fast to a certain principle, and when to let it go. You understand that sometimes we can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good and we’ll have to take on tech debt, but when we do, it should be with consideration and intention (and should be documented).
- An eagerness to learn. We’re looking for engineers who are able and eager to keep up with the pace of the rapidly evolving fields of both DevOps and Software Security.
- A passion for software to be more secure. You understand the importance of the security of systems and ultimately customer’s data, stopping at nothing to protect it all.
Key things to know
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote first role but we are primarily in the U.S. Eastern time zone and prefer candidates who can have an overlapping work schedule with the rest of the team
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Air, external monitor, etc.)
- Stipend for the home office set up
- Growth and Learning opportunities within the company
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Officer 2 jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs