Cloud Security Architect
Security is for all.
Companies big and small thrive when data is secure, organized, and accessible because they are better able to manage risk and opportunity. Our purpose is to secure the future for businesses.
That's why we provide cybersecurity services to startups, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies because everyone deserves to be secure.
Kalles Group is delivering organizational and technology change while bringing security to all.
What you’ll do
The Cloud Security Architect will join an information security team with highly skilled, collaborative practitioners using the latest tools working to bring information security to the next level across the technical and cultural environment. You will drive and influence conversations and technical decisions at a strategic level.
- Ensure systems and sensitive information are protected from internal and external unauthorized access, modification, deletion or disclosure in compliance with major industry policies, standards, and security best practices.
- Develop Cloud solutions in and around currently employed Cloud platforms that align to compliance
- Regularly interact, consult, and collaborate with software engineering, infrastructure, security and compliance, and product teams to focus work on meaningful solutions that directly address requirements while maintaining to the highest degree possibleof current platform function, or addressing issues with suggestions on workarounds and functionality and security trade-offs.
- Monitor Cloud Security Center and implement security recommendations while working with Compliance teams.
- Work with a variety of security efforts that span application and network level initiatives.
- Generate reports of security issues and suggest proposals to address such issues.
- Evaluate Cloud products and services, both released and in-beta, and build technology and process blueprints to build these products and services as cornerstones of the environment, where appropriate.
- Drive collaboration with project management, development, and executive leadership to define an optimal path forward.
- For identified platforms, define the requirements for sample data, application scenarios, and customizations.
- Define the infrastructure and platform requirements that are commonly used across identified platforms so delivery can be streamlined.
- Develop and maintain architecture roadmaps to enhance the performance and ensure alignment of technology solutions.
- Lead and assist direction of workflow as the project roadmap evolves to ensure continuity of work in the most valuable spaces.
- 10+ years of blended security architecture, engineering, and security operations work experience.
- 5+ years of work experience on common cloud platforms, applications and services, with specific focus on AWS and Azure infrastructure and knowledge of best practices.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties.
- Strong understanding of privilege escalation, persistence, and lateral movement techniques.
- Strong understanding of host and network Incident Response processes, tasks, and tools.
- Expertise in operational security tools and practices (e.g. IDS, SIEM, firewalls, & 3rd-party security products).
- Significant experience in a client-facing consulting capacity with noteworthy self-awareness of communication and perception working at all levels of the organization from engineering to business strategy.
- Ability to both work independently with minimal direction and to collaborate effectively with local and remote teams with a strong customer focus.
- Relevant professional security and cloud certifications, such as CISSP, CCSP, or similar.
- Experience across various AWS security services and tools, including AWS Config, GuardDuty, Security Hub, Access Analyzer, Firewall Manager, and Key Management Service (KMS).
- Experience across various Azure security services and tools, including Azure Policy, Security Center, and Key Vault.
Kalles Group is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of creed, nationality, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, or other protected class.
- We like to give back with an annual education package to boost growing your career.
- Health care coverage for you. This includes medical, dental, vision and pharmaceutical coverage. Kalles Group pays a percentage of the premium for the plan with the remainder being deducted from your paycheck each month. There are multiple plans to choose from.
- Fifteen (15) days of Paid Time Off (to be utilized as vacation or sick time)
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Healthcare benefits (e.g., medical, dental, etc.) are subject to change. When possible, advance notice will be provided regarding any changes. Offers are subject to any, and all, required background and screening checks requested by Kalles Group or our client.
401K and life insurance benefits. Subject to eligibility requirements