The Security Engineer role is part of the Information security team, specifically working with the engineering tooling team. They will be responsible for creating, implementing, and monitoring critical security infrastructure that support day to day security operations. This includes:
- Maintenance of key security endpoint agents
- Managing policies across various endpoints, network, and cloud assets
- Ensuring custom content and controls for the platform are tested and up to date
- Rapid development and deployment of content to control and monitor cloud environments with industry standard DevOps tools
What you'll do:
- Design and implement Python based tools and scripts to solve complex problems
- Use modern DevOps tools to automate integration and deployment of solutions
- Design and implement Cloud based configuration and control mechanisms
- Improve design, efficiency, and speed of existing tools
- Design, implement and monitor health of security solutions, including endpoint agent health
- Work with different operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux
- Administer policy configuration for networking and endpoint security controls
- Improve and iterate on our ability to filter, manage, and respond to vulnerabilities in an automated fashion
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of IT administration or Security engineering experience
- Must have experience writing Python code with solid object oriented fundamentals
- System administration experience with at least one major operating system (Mac or Linux required)
- Solid security knowledge competencies, such as system hardening and vulnerability management and remediation
- Experience using modern CI/CD pipelines and tools for rapid integration and deployment of code
- Firm understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Experience writing and maintaining cloud architecture as code
- Policy configuration and implementation for networking and endpoint security controls
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.