Cybersecurity & Biometrics DS&P SE
Rocket Center, West Virginia, US
Posted 7 months ago
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this exciting opportunity, the DS&P SE will be assigned to various projects and will be required to design, implement and execute data security and privacy controls in accordance with the DS&P Framework.
- You will have required reading and attestation of IBM security policies and IBM DS&P Framework and will be required to pass an internal DS&P Exam to test the knowledge of the framework.
- You will be required to read all contract documentation and apply all data security requirements (client IBM and any applicable regulatory).
- Includes planning and execution of applicable controls based on contracts.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 6 months of experience in the following
- Knowledge of industry data security and privacy practices.
- Exposure to data security planning and data security control design - ability to review contracts and determine applicable controls then design implement and execute against those controls.
- Working knowledge of data classification (PI SPI BSI) risk and protection of specific data types.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify document and manage applicable data security and privacy risks.
- Fundamental knowledge of regulatory control requirements (i.e. HIPAA PCI FERPA GDPR etc.)
- Security clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain Security clearance as required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Control execution for regulatory compliance.Authoring data secuity plans and process documents and defending for approval of project manager.
- Working knowledge of internal and client audit processes and successfully defending controls in an audit.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.