Cyber Security Consultant - Singapore
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous Services, Engineering and Sales teams and wear many hats. This is a critical role, as Consultants have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact on the success of Elastic and our customers.
Are you an experienced security practitioner who has worked in roles such as security consultant, incident handler or security engineer, who has used the Elastic Stack and endpoint security solutions to enable security analytics processes and operations? Do you also enjoy helping mentor and share your learned knowledge with others in an engaging manner, and love Elasticsearch and its ecosystem? Then please apply and meet our team.What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Elastic solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Elastic products and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
- Hands-on experience deploying a solution with the Elastic Stack, plus experience with endpoint security solutions such as Elastic Endpoint Security (formerly Endgame)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Experience working as a Security Analyst, preferably utilizing SIEM or endpoint security applications
- Should have a fundamental understanding and experience of security tool capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working as a Consultant, working to deliver and execute on professional services engagements
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers, and other technical positions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 65% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Only Singapore citizens will be considered due to the nature of this role
- Deep understanding of Elasticsearch and Lucene, including Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Endpoint tool skills and experience ingesting network feeds into Elastic for security purposes
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science or related Information Security / Cybersecurity field
- Information Security and Cybersecurity certifications
- Specialized training in Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of the Mitre ATT&CK framework
- Understanding of Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating Systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.