Digital Forensics Analyst
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Are you interested in joining an amazing technical team responding to and supporting the latest breaches across a variety of complex organizations?
phia, LLC is looking for a Digital Forensics Analyst that can perform a variety of highly technical analyses and procedures dealing with the collection, processing, preservation, analysis, and presentation of computer-related evidence to support incident response fly away teams. Come join our cutting edge teams working on stopping some of the world’s most advance adversaries.
- Perform forensic analysis on all common operating system environments, to include, but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, as well as embedded systems.
- Analyze digital media (logs, code, phones, hard drives, memory dumps, etc.) to determine attack vectors and develop mitigation techniques.
- Identify possible threats based on analysis of digital media.
- Maintain readiness to divert and deploy teams of contract resources to provide on‐site support and assistance in the event of an exercise or cyber incident.
- Develop and disseminate engagement reports, technical reports and briefs based on analytic findings.
- Identify and document tactics, techniques and procedures used by an attacker to gain unauthorized access.
- Develop procedures and processes to analyze and categorize digital media.
- Follow industry standard forensic best practices while imaging, preserving, transporting and handling electronic data and associated physical devices.
- Participate in inter‐agency sponsored community of interest analysis groups, conduct and participate in technical briefings and exchanges.
- Communicate, coordinate and share information and work closely with NCCIC and other HIRT components.
- Develop tips, indicators, warnings and actionable information.
- Support the development of performance metrics.
- Adhere to the CONOPS and SOPs of the HIRT and Digital Forensics Group (DFG).
- Assist with preservation and duplication of original media obtained from customers.
- Assist with maintaining the readiness of all DFG fly‐away kits, storage media and forensic VM analyst images.
- Assist with maintaining DFG computer equipment and software licensing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field and 9-15 years related technical experience required OR Degree from a designated CAEIAE and 9-15 years experience.
- Strong communications and technical writing skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools: EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, Autopsy/Sleuthkit.
- Knowledge of investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficiency in the latest cyber forensics, response, and reverse engineering skills and understanding of the latest exploit methodologies.
- DOD 8570 certification.
- Familiarity with NOC/SOC operations.
- Familiarity with Cyber Kill Chain innovations in the field of information systems, functions, and is responsible for the management of complex projects, programs, and initiatives with high threat and large scope;(e.g department or agency-wide), with on-going systems monitoring.
- Active TS Clearance with ability to obtain a DHS background investigation (EOD).
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies
TRAVEL: Up to 30% (with duration of up to 2 weeks)
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Top Secret/SSBI; eligible for SCI and DHS EOD
phia, LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Short Term & Long Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
· Parking Reimbursement
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs