Cybersecurity Architect - Network Security
Herndon, Virginia, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location: Herndon, VA, Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM CISO organization and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative team members to join us. Position Summary: The Cybersecurity Architect will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the IBM corporate IT environment. This hands-on role will require Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams both with IBM CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
The Cybersecurity Architect will design and implement network security solutions to protect IBM assets and data. The ideal candidate will also research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution. The candidate will possess experience in both of the following areas: cloud security and network security. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, be able to analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, shares knowledge with others and has experience working in fast-paced, Agile project environment.
Essential Job Duties:
- Experience with Network DLP, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, TAPs, or related network security tools.
- Leverage Agile practices to develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions·
- Architect and design network security systems both individually and collaboratively
- Articulate problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution
- Analyze problems and suggests solutions involving business, information technology, methodology, processes, tools and solution components
- Participate in regularly scheduled vendor and stakeholder meetings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, BlueCoat, Palo Alto, FireEye, HP, Microsoft, etc.)
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with Network Security tools from vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Cisco, Symantec, McAfee and other major network security vendors.
- At least 3 years direct experience with TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols, and network design principles (TAP, SFP’s, QSFP’s, etc.)
- Hand’s on experience with routing and switching in an enterprise network
- Applied direct experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Experience using Agile within project or development teams
- Applied direct experience analyzing security data to identify associated risks and threats.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience engineering and architecting network security tools (IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Network TAPS, etc.) in an enterprise environment.
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience using scripting for automating tasks (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience engaging external stakeholders to integrate other IT platforms and services
- Experience in Network Full Scope Scanning for Vulnerabilities.
- Certifications: SANS GIAC (e.g. GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), Security +, CCNA, CCNP
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Finance GCIH GIAC GPEN IDS IPS Linux Network security Python SANS TCP/IP Vulnerabilities