Cybersecurity Policy Leader
Armonk, New York, US
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Enjoy challenges? Big challenges? Come work for the office of the IBM Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and help meet the global challenges of keeping one of the largest companies in the world secure. We’re looking for enthusiastic and innovative individuals to join our Cybersecurity Technology Services (CISO-CTS) Team at our location in North Castle (Armonk), NY.
CISO-CTS Team is responsible for protecting IS/IT assets in the enterprise by identifying risks or gaps and deploying solutions or technologies to mitigate them. Our extended team is a highly motivated, innovative, and out-of-the-box thinkers that will be your collaborators.
IBM is seeking a Cybersecurity Policy Leader to join its Cybersecurity Technology Services team at the North Castle office. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical information and product security background with an emphasis on security architecture, policy, standards and frameworks. This person will focus on drafting, reviewing, providing guidance, and working with other security professionals and policy leaders to enhance the company security posture.
This person should be able able to identify and drive issues to closure. This individual must be a consensus builder, a team player and work within an open security posture environment. He/She would create policies, standards, guides, trainings and other relevant education to build consensus, and sell and execute the policies across the enterprise. This position defines the technical and policy direction for all of IBM CISO.
Essential Job Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Policy Leader: Architect/Design/Plan deployment of policy/std./guide/training/technology
- Proactively identify issues or areas of improvement and develop and execute remediation plans
- Actively contribute to the improvement in security posture by understanding the risk landscape and by examining current setup, determine gaps, making recommendations, or appropriate updates
- Contribute to and/or lead various security architecture review efforts to ensure products include Security into Design, Development, and Operations domains
- As a top-level expert and visionary, be responsible for the development of roadmaps, strategy and design of assigned technology areas.
- Define the use cases for solutions, design the solution to help with prototyping and development, and take solution through to launch
- Define metrics for measuring project progress, service success, and business value for all policies and frameworks
- Stay current with industry by conducting research or reading publications
- Assigned duties may adjust periodically based on active projects; technology/solution portfolio of the team; open risks
- Candidate must have 10+ years of progressive experience in the cybersecurity field in designing/architecting and implementing enterprise-level solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Networking or Network Security, Endpoint Security, Identity Management, Authentication, Authorization, Encryption, PKI, and Security Monitoring methodologies and technologies
- Experience with Security Architecture, Threat Modeling, Security Controls Development, Architecture Patterns, Strategies, and Roadmaps
- Good understanding of Network Architecture, Federation, SSO, DLP, Cloud Security, Implementation of CASB, Privileged Account Management, Endpoint Security, Asset Management / Security, Protection of Business-Critical Systems, VPN, Wi-Fi Security, HTTPS/TLS, Key Management, PKI, Cryptography, etc.
Please note that the work location is on-site at IBM’s North Castle (Armonk), NY office located at: 1 North Castle Dr., Armonk, NY 10504
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 10+ years of progressive IT experience
- 5+ years of recent experience in IS/IT Security
- 5+ years of experience working with various security architectures
- 3+ years of experience with cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure or platform-as-a-service, containers, and serverless
- Be a SME in at least three of these domains: Authentication and Directory Services, Identity Management, Network Security, Endpoint Security, Intrusion Detection and Response, Vulnerability Management, Data Loss Prevention, Application Security
- Ability to speak and write well: Ability to compile and present to a technical and management audience
- Planning skills
- Technical Writing skills
- Travel: < 5%
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least one current certification related to Cybersecurity or IT infrastructure:
- TOGAF Certified Architect
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Architecture CEH CISSP Cryptography Encryption Finance Network security PKI Strategy TLS Vulnerability management