Cyber Threat Analyst
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
Have you ever wanted to work for a company where you felt like part of a family? Wouldn’t it be great if you could just grab a cup of coffee with an executive team member, or have one of your achievements recognized personally by one of the owners of the company? Imagine how much you could grow if the company you worked for had in-house mentors who really cared about your goals. When you join the phia phamily, this is what you’ll encounter!
phia, LLC is actively pursuing a Cyber Threat Analyst to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission. This job is located in Fairfax, VA.
- Conduct all-source research on cyber threats; evaluate both technical and Intel reporting for cyber threat activities of interest.
- Track Advanced Persistent Threats activities and TTPs; prepare cyber threat assessments based on research and unique data set and events.
- Assist in facilitating the sharing of cyber threat of information to the LE, CI, and other Government entities; execute activities to support inquiries from customers and mission partners.
- Analyze and vet cyber threat indicators, and input these indicators into custom databases for additional processing.
- Collaborate with other technical personnel (e.g. forensic analysts, network analysts) to gain better understanding and knowledge of APTs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of analytical procedures and processes in support of changing operational requirements.
- Develop and lead execution of stakeholder analyst-to-analyst feedback processes to understand the needs of the constituency.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with sponsors and collaborators, and assist them in strengthening their analysis and cyber defense capabilities, providing on-site support as necessary.
- Engage critical infrastructure stakeholders to identify their requirements for participation in cyber information sharing and collaboration programs and help lead to meet these requirements.
- Foster collaboration and information sharing among entities within the community.
- Work to continually improve the tools, processes, and systems utilized within the community.
- Produce high-quality whitepapers, presentations, briefings, and executive summaries to be used by Senior U.S. Government officials.
- Active SSBI, SCI eligible (Must be a U.S. Citizen)
- Bachelor of Science or IT related field of study
- 5-15 or more years of relevant work experience in cyber security
- Strong communications and technical writing skills
- Strong team player with the ability to conduct daily duties autonomously
- Nine (9) or more years of relevant work experience in cyber security
- Familiarity with SOC/NOC operations
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response
- Familiarity with security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS
- Understanding of network and system administration
- Experience with database (e.g. MS Access, SQL) and/or portal administration (e.g. SharePoint)
- Customer service experience
- CISSP certification or equivalent work experience
WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active SSBI (Top Secret); eligible for SCI and DHS EOD
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs