Technical Writer/Editor Cyber Security
Arlington, Virginia, United States
OVERVIEW: Are you looking for an ambitious new work environment to test & enhance your skills? Have you ever wanted to work for a company where you felt like part of a family? Wouldn’t it be great if your achievements were recognized personally by one of the owners of the company? When you join the phia phamily, this is what you’ll encounter!
phia, LLC is actively pursuing a Technical Writer/Editor to work with a highly technical team, supporting the front line of security protecting the federal and civilian government. Come and join our cutting-edge teams that are working on stopping some of the world’s most advance adversaries. This position is located in Arlington, VA.
- Function as a communications and information specialist, preparing material for publications and other media internally and externally.
- Coordinate publications and other collateral material using both print and electronic media including the web and desktop publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material for distribution.
- Responsible for final reviews of proposed publications for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before government approval.
- Research, analyze, and perform technical review on triage of questions, issues, or events involving the nation's critical communications infrastructure.
- Gather necessary information from Program personnel, other DHS employees, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support the Government in developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation.
- Provide technical and editorial document review and written feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber/infrastructure security information documents.
- Develops and maintains operational procedures documents, testing and certification of government and contractor operations personnel, and maintains training records.
- Draft, coordinate, and implement updates to maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to carry out detailed customer functions.
- Maintain contact information and distribution lists; manage alerting capabilities; scheduling visits, tours, and facilities; ensure awareness and compliance with DHS.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5-9 years of experience required.
- Cyber security/IT security professional writing experience.
- Active TS Clearance with ability to obtain a DHS background investigation (EOD).
- Department of Homeland Security experience desired.
WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Top Secret/SSBI; eligible for SCI and DHS EOD
phia, LLC is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business that was established in 2011. We focus on the full spectrum of disciplines within the cyber, intelligence, and technology arenas.
We support mission-critical teams within various agencies and offices within the Federal government, including Civilian, Defense, Law Enforcement and Intel. We like to describe phia as truly by technical people and for technical people. phia’s founders wanted to create an employee-centered culture, where we care about the people as much as the mission.
Our goal is to continue to hire talented and passionate team members, who desire to grow their skillsets as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients and stakeholders. With this goal in mind, we invite you to apply for positions, even if you don't meet the desired years of experience listed in our position descriptions. We are more interested in intellectually curious individuals with the ability to work autonomously and with teams. If your experience does not match our exact requirements of a position but you are otherwise an awesome candidate, we will work hard to find a position that suits you.
Our company culture is unique; we consider everyone on the team a part of the phia phamily. We make great efforts to foster cohesiveness through one-on-one interactions, professional mentoring, and group outings. In short, our leadership team is personally invested in each employee. phia offers a rewarding environment with talented & passionate people.
Excellent benefits for full time W2 candidates to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll