Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
At IBM, we are driven to help our clients transform themselves and take full advantage of the cloud and IBM Cloud Platform Services play a key role with its global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach. We are looking for a talented Systems Security Engineer with CarbonBlack Protect and relevant Security Operations experience to join us in Bangalore, India.
The ideal candidate will be working alongside fellow system and security engineering professionals, as we continue to harden and secure the infrastructure and resiliency of the IBM cloud. This area of Engineering is responsible for the technical design, security service implementation, monitoring, and support of one of the world’s largest and most interconnected set of data centers. If you are a talented professional who is passionate about technology, seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered and understands the importance of personal accountability, we want to talk to you!
What you'll do:
The successful candidate will work as a System Security Engineer as part of the IBM Cloud Security Engineering team with a focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for CarbonBlack Protect
- Support and maintain existing CarbonBlack Protect deployments
- Collaborate with operational service teams for diagnostics and tuning
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external audits
- Participate in proof-of-concept and product evaluations
- Provide technical leadership and guidance
- Work within a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery development model
- Engage with the team in a daily collaborative style
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Administrate and monitor systems used to support the Security Tribe/Infrastructure
- Hands on administration experience with Carbon Black Protect is required
- Hands on administration experience of two (or more) of the following tools is preferred: QRadar, Security Center, Nessus, Resilient, FireEye, Demisto, Verodin, Ansible/Jenkins, TruSTAR
- Identification of risk in the environment; development, testing, and implementation of tooling to mitigate
- Daily security activities related to the protection of corporate assets
- Ensure that the IBM cloud is compliant with all applicable corporate directives and policies regarding securing and monitoring of information
- Participation in and contribution to internal and external audits
- Participation in proof-of-concept and product evaluations
- Provide information and research for proposed initiatives to the SOC Manager and Security Director as requested
- Perform all required implementation, maintenance, configuration changes and associated documentation for all security tools and systems
- Work with system administrators from other tribes to garner information needed for security initiatives and/or to resolve identified issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of information security engineering experience
- 5+ years of general systems engineering experience
- Proficient in Linux and Windows system Administration
- Hands on administration experience of CarbonBlack Protect
- Proficient in Bash
- Proficient with ticketing and change management tools/processes (JIRA, ServiceNow, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with information technology professionals as well as senior management, auditors, assessors, and consultants
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with additional tools: QRadar, Security Center, Nessus, Resilient, FireEye, Demisto, Verodin, CarbonBlack Protect, TruStar
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform
- Has implemented or maintained an Infrastructure as Code environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with PCI, NIST 800-53, SOC 2
- Ability to operate at a high tempo.
- Ability to change focus when needed, often multiple times within a work week.
- An urge to take ownership of projects and drive the best-known solution into the discussions for the long-term goals of said projects.
- Ability to make decisions based on risk, best practice and business need and clearly articulate the decision points.
About Business Unit
IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.