Sr Information Security Engineer - Vulnerability Management
Palo Alto, CA
Rubrik is seeking a Sr Security Engineer – Vulnerability Management who will be responsible for leading the vulnerability management and operations, compliance monitoring and penetration testing as part of the FedRAMP compliance initiative. Typical activities of the role include – vulnerability detection, risk mitigation, compliance reporting and tracking, coordination with external auditors and internal stakeholders in achieving and maintaining FedRAMP compliance. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, customer-oriented, results-driven, and passionate about security.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with Engineering teams across Rubrik and drive the vulnerability management process for our public cloud environments (GCP, AWS, Azure), IT infrastructure and products.
- Configure and manage vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys, Rapid7, Snyk and Prisma Cloud for running efficient vulnerability scanning.
- Lead FedRAMP vulnerability management initiatives and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate the implementation of security compliance controls.
- Manage Plan of Action and Milestones for vulnerability management program and publish periodic compliance reports and metrics.
- Integrate vulnerability scanning tools in the CI/CD pipeline and automate the vulnerability management process.
- Design and implement automation solutions to triage the vulnerabilities and facilitate remediation with various stakeholders.
- Provide support in creating a secure image management process and manage the golden image pipeline for various product teams.
- Coordinate with security researcher community in reviewing the identified vulnerabilities and drive the issues to closure.
- Drive vulnerabilities to closure within established SLAs. Navigate escalations when necessary to raise visibility into risk and drive the risk down when SLAs are not met.
- Contribute towards penetration testing activities and collaborate with various business stakeholders in mitigating the security risks.
- Participate in on-call activities and assist in security investigations, root-cause analysis and corrective measures as required.
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; B.E/B.Tech or M.S in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5-8 years’ experience in vulnerability management, integrating vulnerability scanning tools in CI/CD, automating vulnerability triaging and security operations.
- Experience working in AWS, GCP and Azure cloud environments.
- Experience in vulnerability scanning tools such as Qualys, Rapid7 and Prisma Cloud.
- Prior experience working with compliance frameworks such as FedRAMP, DoD, NIST, ISO, SOC.
- Proven understanding of common vulnerability management frameworks (e.g., CVSS, OWASP).
- Proficiency with scripting (Python or Ruby preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- One or more certifications: GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, OSWP
- Must be a US citizen
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.EEO IS THE LAW EEO IS THE LAW - POSTER SUPPLEMENT PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION NOTIFICATION OF EMPLOYEE RIGHTS UNDER FEDERAL LABOR LAWS
Other jobs like this
Application Security Engineer, Amazon Application SecurityApplication security C Cryptography Java Mobile security Network security Perl Privacy Python Ruby +1
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Senior Staff Application Security EngineerApplication security Automation AWS DevOps Lambda Open Source Penetration testing Privacy Python Security strategy +2
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Security Officer 3 jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Officer 2 jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs