Senior Network Security Engineer
North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
The Senior Network Security Engineer assists with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support for a Large Global Enterprise Network and Security Infrastructure. Will configure, monitor and maintain network security equipment including, access control lists (ACLs), layer 3 and 4 firewalls, and layer 4-7 application-aware firewalls.
- Configure network hardware and software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, and virtual devices in VMware.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for equipment installation, configuration support, and division network operations which improve service and repeatability.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in coordinating and troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support activities and business units.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support personnel to provide 24/7 coverage basis.
- Analyze and resolve faults, ranging from major system crash to a forgotten password.
- Work closely with other departments/organizations and collaborate with other IT staff on infrastructure activities.
- Manage small projects
- Research a remote site’s existing infrastructure.
- Prepare existing/proposed site diagrams in Visio
- Schedule NCR site network outages to allow for installation of new equipment.
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Technical Field or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of Routers, switches, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems and Virtual
- Private Network Devices
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN
- Ability to troubleshoot networking issue
- Experience in security event monitoring and intrusion detection/prevention
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
- Experience with network vulnerability assessment tools
- Proficient in communication protocols, data and network security
- Excellent system analysis techniques and analytical skills required
- 8+ years of Networking experience
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience in administrating and troubleshooting firewalls in medium to large, complex organizations.
- Preferred applicants will also have experience with intrusion detection systems, VPN technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis solutions, configuration and change management and other network security systems and devices.
- Solid experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switched infrastructure.
- Experience with packet capture and analysis methodologies.
- Preferred applicants will also be familiar with government information assurance standards including DISA STIGs, NIST 800-53, IAVAs management, auditing and accreditation processes.
- Experience scripting with Python, Java, and or Perl.
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Spinvi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spinvi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Spinvi expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Spinvi’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Network Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Risk management-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Google-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open AI-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs