Product Security Engineer - Security Partners
Remote - US
GitHubGitHub is where over 73 million developers shape the future of software, together. Contribute to the open source community, manage your Git repositories, review code like a pro, track bugs and features, power your CI/CD and DevOps workflows,...
Product Security Engineer - Security Partners
We are looking for an experienced product security engineer to join the Security Partners team at Github. The Security partners team engages engineers and builds a culture of security into our everyday engineering workflows. Team is responsible for supporting and empowering product security champions across the org through impactful knowledge sharing sessions. Team also acts as a liaison between the application security team and the champions community.
Responsibilities include -
- Discover needs and drive security solutions across one or more of GIthub’s business units.
- Build deep relationships with product and engineering leaders for assessing security training needs
- Empower the product team and developers through well designed security awareness and security education programs.
- Act as a liaison between Github’s security teams and engineering teams to understand product architecture and assessing security needs
- Develop and maintain deep industry expertise in the product security areas
- Supports engineering teams by helping them assess risk, learn to identify architectural gaps, and similar activities.
- Creates secure engineering documentation, guidance, and similar collateral.
- Collaborate with the Github’s security teams to plan, develop and run security-related educational events such as CTFs, awareness campaigns, and periodic knowledge sharing sessions.
- Passionate about translating technical concepts into accessible language
- Collaborates with other teams within security to help identify new tools and processes to integrate into GitHub's Secure software development lifecycle.
- Enthusiastic about creating and applying innovative solutions to identified needs.
- Is generally an advocate for secure software development at GitHub.
Note: if you are this close to the qualifications described in this posting, please don't let it discourage you from applying. We'd love to hear from you.
- Interest in engaging employees and encouraging the use of security best practices
- Experience in cross-functional collaboration with other teams and business functions
- Experience in managing complex programs, projects, and/or events
- An understanding of product security best practices
- Knowledge of web application vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Known for being a great communicator and collaborator
- Good written and verbal communication skills
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $90,700 to maximum $192,400 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Other jobs like this
Blockchain Security Engineer Intern (Rust/Golang)APT Auditing Blockchain Forensics Go Golang Intrusion detection Malware Penetration testing PhD +4
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Senior Infrastructure Security EngineerAudits Automation AWS Cryptography EDR Incident response Kubernetes PCI Privacy Vulnerabilities
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care
Arctic Wolf Networks
Senior Developer - Managed Detection & ResponseAgile Analytics AWS Azure Big Data C DevOps EDR GCP Go +14
Career development Equity Parental leave
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs