Senior Privacy Manager
San Francisco, United States
AirbnbFind vacation rentals, cabins, beach houses, unique homes and experiences around the world - all made possible by hosts on Airbnb.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
The privacy team is responsible for implementing and maintaining a world class privacy program and supporting our product and engineering work to deliver a respected and trusted experience to the Airbnb community and to maintain compliance with all applicable privacy & data protection laws.
- Possess a deep respect and passion for privacy as a human right.
- Self-motivated, proactive, with creative and critical thinking capabilities with a personal stake in everything that you work on.
- Competent and comfortable building strong relationships and driving cross-company alignment.
- Ability to work independently to create structures and build consensus around operational concepts.
- Comfortable performing under pressure to hit deadlines in an ambiguous matrixed organization.
How you’ll make an impact
As a key member of the privacy team, you will partner with other privacy professionals across the company to
- Collaborate closely with Airbnb business areas to enable privacy by design in our products, services and business processes
- Provide significant contributions to the overall global privacy strategy and program, including policy and standards, privacy impact assessments, data subject rights processing, privacy controls, user experience, employee awareness & training, and incident management
- Maintain a particular knowledge area specialism, and drive related initiatives, in areas such as privacy machine learning & data science, data ethics, privacy in marketing & advertising, privacy training, or privacy operations.
- Partner closely and collaboratively with the privacy legal team in the execution of privacy program functions
- Ensure compliance and operational risks are identified, escalated to the appropriate team and take appropriate steps to remediate risk
- Keep up with cutting-edge privacy innovations, technologies, approaches, and techniques that can potentially be applied to Airbnb
- Define and drive program planning and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet agreed upon deadlines and business needs
- Define success metrics while keeping the metrics up to date and relevant
- Work closely with all business, ops, and product stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of our privacy ambitions
- Present program area and initiative status to leadership on an ongoing basis
We are looking for people who have
- 8+ years experience, including at least 4 years experience in privacy management, preferably in a global B2C technology company
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus and deliver results in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with technical, operations and business partners at all levels
- Success in working with product and engineering teams to define requirements and implement effective technical tools.
- Proven ability to translate policy and business requirements and work with various levels of business stakeholders to create innovative scalable solutions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Innate capability to, directly and indirectly, lead cross-functional teams through success
- Experience within the diversity and inclusion space
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), or equivalent professional certification is not required, but preferred.
- BA/BS degree
Other jobs like this
Staff Cloud Security Engineer (Remote- North America)Automation AWS Azure CEH CISA Cloudflare FedRAMP GCP ISO 27001 Kubernetes +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex hours Flex vacation Parental leave +3
Arctic Wolf Networks
Senior Manager - Security ResearchActive Directory Analytics Artificial intelligence EDR Exploit Forensics IDS IPS Linux MacOS +11
Career development Equity Parental leave Team events
Principal/Staff Software Security EngineerAgile Ansible Automation Banking Blockchain C Crypto Cryptography Encryption Golang +7
Competitive pay Equity Flex vacation Gear Parental leave +1
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs