Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
phia LLCAt phia, trust us to solve the complex challenges of our connected world through top-tier cyber intelligence & threat hunting. Contact us.
At phia, we hire talented and passionate people who are focused on collaborative, meaningful work, providing technical and operational subject matter expertise and support services to our partners and clients.
phia is hiring a Cybersecurity Engineer focused on enterprise endpoint deployments. The qualified candidate will have expertise in endpoint technologies like McAfee Endpoint Security, FireEye HX, Tanium, Microsoft Defender, Symantec Endpoint Security Complete, etc. This support contract provides a broad range of cyber services to all components under the CISO including cyber operations, cyber risk, security engineering and digital integration departments. The client’s enterprise consists of over 600,000 employees, 500,000 devices, 200,000 enterprise email accounts, 200,000 endpoints, 800 firewall sets, and 640+ URLs of which 350 require web application firewall protection.
This job is located in Morrisville, NC, or Merrifield, VA with remote capability at the discretion of the customer. Preferred candidates will live within a commutable distance to these locations, but not a showstopper if outside a commutable distance.
What You'll Do:
Provide technical leadership to deliver enterprise security architecture, engineering, implementation, and operations for endpoint solutions. This role is action and solution oriented with an emphasis on endpoint engineering.
- Architect, implement and operate endpoint solutions (Microsoft Defender/ATP, Symantec Endpoint Security Complete, Tanium) across a large and diverse enterprise (600K+ users, 600+ applications, large IP enabled footprint)
- Ability to configure, patch, and provide administration to Microsoft Defender and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete or similar endpoint security solutions
- Leverage scripting with PowerShell or Python as needed for integration or automation
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application or service requirements then translate those into secure design solutions
- Provide guidance and leadership to determine, develop, plan, test, and implement endpoint security solutions and security requirements for the enterprise
- Provide complex technical guidance, oversight, and enforcement of security directives, policies, standards, plans, and procedures
- Prepare justifications and business cases for recommendations on cybersecurity initiatives
- Develop documentation including detailed security plans, security architecture designs, detailed security implementation and deployment plans, test plans, and security-focused operational procedures and training materials
- Develop and present program status / metrics to management
Education + Experience
- Qualified candidates will have experience in Microsoft Defender and Symantec Endpoint Security Complete or similar technologies: Tanium, Mandiant MIR, FireEye HX, Carbon Black/bit9, BigFix, IBM Tivoli Endpoint, McAfee, Symantec, CrowdStrike Falcon, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration or operations of endpoint technologies
- Understanding, working knowledge, and some experience with PowerShell/CLI
- Experience with architecting, implementing and operating endpoint services in large enterprises
- Ability to propose and implement creative solutions around endpoint security
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field required or equivalent experience (i.e., 4 years for bachelors, 2 years for masters)
- 10+ years of related technical experience (highest level of seniority)
- Master’s degree in related field; Computer Science, Engineering, Security, IT, etc.
- Desired but not required are relevant certifications - CISSP, CEH, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP, product specific certifications or training Microsoft Defender/ATP
Security Clearance Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (or higher) government clearance. Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
MPORTANT: This position may be subject to Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which the Federal Government is not enforcing at this time.
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Other jobs like this
Senior Cybersecurity EngineerC CEH Clearance Cryptography Cyber defense DoD Elasticsearch Firewall Forensics GCIH +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Insurance Startup environment +1
Security Engineer with Network BackgroundAudits DNS Encryption Firewall Intrusion detection Intrusion prevention Network security SIEM TCP/IP Vulnerabilities
401(k) matching Health care
Explore more Cyber Security career opportunities
Find open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Analysis, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Lead Security Engineer jobs
- Open Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior DevSecOps Engineer jobs
- Open Application Security Engineer/Architect jobs
- Open Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Application Security Engineer jobs
- Open Sr. Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer jobs
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Security Operations Lead jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester jobs
- Open Cloud Security Automation Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Offensive Security Engineer jobs
- Open Azure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information System Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Head of Information Security jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open Audits-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open OWASP-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open GDPR-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Agile-related jobs